Channel Larry (EDIT: Channel Awesome renamed to just Nostalgia Critic)

Started by Commode, December 30, 2010, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

I can see why they kept that on the down low. Dumbass fans might've flipped out at them if they had known sooner. Nice that they're still good friends.

Avaitor

It's funny to point out since MRAs are STILL digging at Todd for thinking that Lindsay speaks for both of them, or whatever.

Also, she's getting a little more vocal about how she didn't like the TGWTG anniversary movies. Good on her for that.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on July 02, 2015, 03:03:06 PM
Also, she's getting a little more vocal about how she didn't like the TGWTG anniversary movies. Good on her for that.
I watched all three of those recently. They're so, so, so bad. :whuh:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Every time Doug Walker tries to knock TDKR or some other movie that I like, I always quietly think to myself: "at least they are more watchable than the garbage that you wasted money on producing," and that makes it easier to ignore his opinions.

Nel_Annette

Their anniversary specials are the god damn worst. Way too unfunny and self-congratulatory for me.

Just... review. Do some funny skits sometimes and review. You don't need to do some over-the-top, convoluted mini-movie. Not like it really matters though. I haven't touched the site since the whole debacle with people being kicked out unceremoniously and the game show coming off as a scam.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Avaitor on July 02, 2015, 03:03:06 PM

I remember someone telling me that Lindsey and Doug got into some arguments during the first movie, since you know, Lindsey actually went to Film school and Doug is mostly "self taught" or something. I also think her talking about it is a good move as well.

Even then, I remember always looking at that picture of that AMA from some dude that worked on Kickassia did for 4chan. Basically he just called out how unprofessional the whole movies were and how some of the people were cool and the others were delusional. They hired that fucker for Sound Production, but he ended up doing odd jobs here and there for them. It's a big image, so I'm not sure if I should post it here.

Foggle

I've seen that image. It's amazing! Just post it in a spoiler tag. :)

Daxdiv

My favorite part of this image was him talking about Linkara and how Spoony was the most hated dude there. Poor Spoony.

Spoiler
[/spolier]
[close]

Avaitor

New blog!

Foggle

Peanutbutter

The first half of Kickassia was fine. It was funny enough until they had Doug and crew take over Molassia which was anticlimactic. It was downhill from there with Doug progressively becoming nuttier which wasn't funny whatsoever. It would have much better if instead of taking over they had just kept trying and failing, with each of them one by one giving up until Doug goes in by himself, manages to get the land but then realizing it's boring and goes back home. That would have made for a much better movie.

Suburban Knights was okay, but To Boldly Flee became a mess especially around the end with Rob's annoying (and not very good) Darth Sidious impression. As for that game show, nothing I've heard about it is good, but I don't think it was a scam at all, I think that just a case of Channel Awesome's owners biting off far more than they could chew. It takes a lot of work to make a game show and would require a production crew which they don't really have.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Foggle on July 02, 2015, 09:56:54 PM

If you wanted me to post the Linkara image that gets thrown around, I would have done that for free! :^)

Without further ado... Daxdiv presents, Linkara stories from /co/

Spoiler
[close]

LumRanmaYasha

This week, the NC goes apeshit over Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes. Also, there's an Honest Trailers parody at the beginning.

Avaitor

I have a friend who is OBSESSED with Tim Burton. And not just his old stuff. Like, he thinks Big Eyes was the best film of last year by a wide margin, and he's defensive of Alice in Wonderland and Dark Shadows.

This is the one movie of his that he doesn't like at all. Although he is very weary about Burton's Dumbo movie.

New blog!