Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Animation

Started by Avaitor, November 09, 2011, 08:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Actually, I'm pretty sure most of the people here like American Dad. At least, I do. It's Family Guy and Cleveland Show that I can't stand.

Mr. Big

Going back to Bakshi...

I maintain that the Mini-Squirts is one of the best cartoons to be made by Famous Studios. Which is remarkable, because it's one of the LAST cartoons they did before it was closed down.

You can watch it below.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xn2a5k_mini-squirts_fun

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on March 21, 2013, 12:04:54 AM
Actually, I'm pretty sure most of the people here like American Dad. At least, I do. It's Family Guy and Cleveland Show that I can't stand.
Yeah, I don't like the characters, aside from Steve and his friends, but American Dad! is the lesser of three evils.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on March 21, 2013, 12:23:25 PM
Quote from: Foggle on March 21, 2013, 12:04:54 AM
Yeah, I don't like the characters, aside from Steve and his friends, but American Dad! is the lesser of three evils.
Same.

Ironically the episode I think is the best is the one centered entirely around Steve and his friends that has one token appearance of the family.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Peanutbutter

Didn't see the 2nd Bond episode. American Dad is okay, but it's a bit dull sometimes, especially the most recent seasons. I like it and Family Guy. I don't hate The Cleveland Show, but I found it more inconsistent than the other two. I watched only the most recent episode of it, and didn't laugh once.

Avaitor

It is highly likely that The Cleveland Show will end this year. I don't think anyone will miss it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 21, 2013, 08:52:19 PM
Really? Has it been doing that bad?
Not that poorly I guess, but it is doing poorer than the other AD shows, and they are hitting syndication numbers. Looks like Fox has decided to give Bob's Burgers and American Dad! their own permanent slots now in lieu of Cleveland.

New blog!

Nel_Annette

And good riddance. Both are infinitely better than the Cleveland Show, which has barely even gotten 5 laughs out of me throughout its entire run. And great job destroying Cleveland's character and basically making him Peter-lite in the process.

Commode

Good.  Cleveland Show is such a terrible show, and it doesn't even have anything to do with it being another MacFarlane show, it's just fucking boring.  There's no charm, no humor, and none of the characters are in any way interesting.  It is a show that you put on to try and cure your insomnia.  I honestly have no idea how it lasted this long.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Goldstar

Can't say that I'll miss The Cleveland Show. I only watched the 1st couple of episodes and it basically struck me as being a black Family Guy Lite. Animation Domination has had to juggle 5 shows in 4 slots for years, so I guess that 1 of them had to go, and FOX chose Cleveland. I can't fault Mike Henry and Seth MacFarlane for trying to have an animated series with a mostly ethnic main cast, but the problem was the Cleveland offered too little contrast from FG to really stand out or be very interesting.
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

Dr. Insomniac

Honestly, who even likes The Cleveland Show? Even the hardcore MacFarlane fanatics think it's ass.

gunswordfist

Awww, Young Justice already had it's series finale...
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Quote from: Avaitor on October 03, 2012, 06:11:55 PM
Watch me make a better top 10 comic book adaptations list than this.

10- Batman Beyond
9- The Tick
8- Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
7- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2K3)
6- Superman: The Animated Series
5- DuckTales
4- Justice League (including Unlimited)
3- Batman: The Brave & the Bold
2- Batman: The Animated Series
1- The Spectacular Spider-Man

Not counting manga or comic strips. Comments?
Certain other discussion makes me want to bring this back, just cause.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit