Currently Running Manga Discussion

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 30, 2010, 12:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, it's still popular. Some people consider it a masterpiece, remember.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

To no one's surprise, Assassination Classroom is getting a second anime season and a second live-action film. Interestingly, though, the second film is titled "Graduation." Another sign that the series is nearing it's conclusion? Hmm...

LumRanmaYasha

Wow. It took over three fucking years for him to finally show up, and it's underwhelming as shit.

Though frankly, I'm surprised Kubo even remembered he built up his return in the first place.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I remember when reading the Impel Down and Enies Lobby arcs of One Piece how all of the returning characters were such a big deal. The key to re-introducing a popular character is a combination of good buildup while also somehow having them reveal themselves in an unexpected way. It seems like Kubo doesn't understand that (and Oda just flat-out forgot how to do it given how underwhelming Sabo's reveal was).

Spark Of Spirit

I'm surprised he remembered. Only took three years.

I guess Rynnec will be happy, if he still cares.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

LumRanmaYasha

Akira Toriyama is teaming up with Masakazu Katsura to start new manga to run in Young Jump. Probably won't be a long-running series, but as a fan of Toriyama's work I'll have to keep my eyes out for it.

LumRanmaYasha

Any episode of the Weekly Shonen Jump podcast where Jason Thompson guest stars is glorious and a must-listen.

Anyways, in yesterday's podcast, a question about whether Kagamigami can be added to the english Jump was addressed. They've received many requests for it, and are considering adding it, but there's nothing set at this time. Their advice to support getting it in is basically to send them more requests for it via comments, social media, etc. and show strong continued interest in seeing the series being added. Sounds good to me. Who knows, they might add it in to replace Gakkyu Hotei, since it's time is almost up. (... :cry:)

LumRanmaYasha

Seven Seas has licensed Orange.

Considering it's the most well-liked shojo title currently running (if it's MAL score means anything), it's about time that someone licensed it. I wasn't expecting to hear confirmation that the series will end soon, though considering recent events in the series, that's not much of a surprise.

Spark Of Spirit

Markness

Quote from: Cartoon X on April 24, 2015, 05:28:25 PM

Wow. It took over three fucking years for him to finally show up, and it's underwhelming as shit.

Though frankly, I'm surprised Kubo even remembered he built up his return in the first place.

Typical Kubo. Drops his characters, gives little to no explanation for their absence, and abruptly brings them back out of nowhere. I am no hurry to see how Bleach ends and I am glad I stopped following it regularly. On another forum I post on, a fanboy of Bleach said Nanatsu no Taizai, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and Toriko were garbage. Wow, his tastes are pretty shallow.   :wth:

LumRanmaYasha

Here are the rankings for the May 18th issue of Weekly Shonen Jump:

Lady Justice (Cover, Lead CP, New Series, 54 p.)
1- One Piece
2- Black Clover
Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club (Center Color, 25 p.)
3- Assassination Classroom
4- Haikyu!!
My Hero Academia (Center Color)
Naruto: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring
5- Gintama
6- Toriko
7- The Mishaps of Kusuo Saiki
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma (Center Color)
8- Hinomaru Sumo
9- Kagamigami
10- Nisekoi
World Trigger (Not ranked. Was absent in issue #17)
11- Kochikame
12- Ultra Battle Satellite
13- Bleach
The Story of Isobe Isobee

Wow, Black Clover has gotten really popular really fast. I'm surprised, since I feel like the series hasn't quite found it's niche/shown it's potential yet, but that's certainly impressive.

Spark Of Spirit

Impressive.

Maybe it'll replace Bleach as one of the Big 3?  :awesome:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

There never was a "Big 3" in Japan, and Bleach hasn't been one of the "Big 3" in the West for several years, now.