"Kingsman: The Secret Service" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Foggle, February 19, 2015, 10:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

PUT THE KING, BACK IN KINGSMAN!

Gary 'Eggsy' Unwin: "Sorry, Love. Gotta save the world."
Princess Tilde: "If you save the world, we can do it in the asshole."
Gary 'Eggsy' Unwin: "I will be right back."

Release Date: January 29th, 2015
Studio: Marv Films
Director: Matthew Vaughn
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1 (Hawk Scope)
Starring: Colin Firth, Mark Strong, Taron Egerton, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Caine, Sofia Boutella, Sophie Cookson

Plot Summary: Kingsman: The Secret Service tells the story of a super-secret spy organization that recruits an unrefined but promising street kid into the agency's ultra-competitive training program just as a global threat emerges from a twisted tech genius.

COMMENTS?

I've never done one of these before. Hello!

This movie was absolutely fucking astounding. Brilliant action and humor. Spectre will have to bring its A-game if it wants a chance of competing with this one, IMO.

Spark Of Spirit

Matthew Vaughn? I didn't know he was doing this. Good to know!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

It's another Matthew Vaughn and Jane Goldman joint. I've never seen a bad one!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I was actually interested in checking this movie out back when I first saw the trailer, but I actually didn't realize that it had already come out. :D

I'll try to check it out this weekend.

Nel_Annette

The only thing I keep hearing about this movie is the
Spoiler
anal sex
[close]
thing? What the fuck? Are people honestly freaking out over one little joke?  :unimpressed:

Otherwise, this doesn't really look like my kind of thing, though.

Foggle

Quote from: Nel_Annette on February 20, 2015, 05:42:24 PM
The only thing I keep hearing about this movie is the
Spoiler
anal sex
[close]
thing? What the fuck? Are people honestly freaking out over one little joke?  :unimpressed:

Otherwise, this doesn't really look like my kind of thing, though.
I guess it's too risque for prudish American audiences. Meanwhile, 50 Shades of Grey breaks box office records.

It's a fantastic film for fans of the classic Bond movies, Edgar Wright-style action scenes, and goofy English humor. But if those things don't interest you, it probably won't be that enjoyable.

Nel_Annette

I like Edgar Wright, but I've never really been into the Bond movies or parodies of them, and this movie looks like it goes into the over-stylized action scenes with crazy camera angles kind of thing, which has never been for me.

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I finally saw the movie.

This feels like a movie that was based off of pretty shitty source matetial, which isn't to say that I didn't like the film, as I did quite enjoy it. But much like Kick-Ass, I could easily see this writing come off as being in bad taste were it handled by a less talented director.

I wouldn't say that the movie was perfect. I had some issues with it, but on the whole it was really fun so I'd be up for a sequel if Vaughn returned to direct it (otherwise we could easily have a KA2 situation on our hands).

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 09, 2015, 09:21:53 PM
This feels like a movie that was based off of pretty shitty source matetial, which isn't to say that I didn't like the film, as I did quite enjoy it. But much like Kick-Ass, I could easily see this writing come off as being in bad taste were it handled by a less talented director.
The original comic book was actually made by the exact same writer as Kick-Ass, so you are 100% correct! The source material is shit. ;)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You know, I've been thinking, with Matthew Vaughn's talent for turning Mark Millar's shit into gold, I can't wait for whatever crap he writes next, because the worse it is, the better the movie adaptation will be if Vaughn directs it. :sly:

In fact, while I love Winter Soldier and the Russo Brothers, if Matthew Vaughn was directing Civil War, it'd probably be the greatest comic book movie of all time. :joy:

gunswordfist

Loved it! We need all he good modern action movie sequels we can get.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody