What Are You Watching?

Started by Avaitor, October 21, 2012, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nel_Annette

I had the sudden urge to watch Hey Arnold for the first time in over a decade, so I'm making my way through the first season now. My mom actually loves the show so much that when Amazon was doing that "order and we'll make a copy specifically for you" thing years back, she ordered the entire series, so I have the whole thing at my fingertips.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, as you all know, I never really cared for Teen Titans, but everyone else seemed to love it. The last time I watched it was on TV almost 10 years ago. I got as far as the middle of season 2 before quitting on it. Recently I was thinking of giving it another chance since it's been so long, and being that I changed my mind on Avatar: The Last Airbender, maybe I might feel differently looking at this series again from a fresh, unbiased perspective. That said, should I bite, or is this one of those shows that just won't work for some people no matter what?

Rynnec

The most I can say about TT is that you should at least give the episodes dealing with Slade and Red X another shot.

Dr. Insomniac

I can say that looking back, I like Teen Titans more than Young Justice. If only because instead of playing too many cards at once, the former show knew how to utilize the characters it had rather than introducing new ones every other episode (besides the fifth season).

LumRanmaYasha

Teen Titans was a show I loved as a kid. Nowadays, though, I find it to be a very uneven show. There are plenty of episodes I still enjoy,but also  plenty that I don't care for. Story-wise each season has it's own arc focusing on a specific member of the group, but only the first and fourth seasons really have good (as in, properly well-developed, interesting) ones. Character development is pretty consistent, though, and is a highlight, and Slade just has some badass charisma to him that even a lot of people who hate the show won't deny that he's a cool villain.  But as far as a more comedic-oriented superhero show goes... Brave and the Bold beats the tar out of it on every single level, and it doesn't help that it's run is fairly inconsistent as far as good and eh episodes go. I don't quite enjoy the show as a whole as much as I used to did, though I do still love certain episodes from it. If you're interested in giving it another shot, I say you should go for it, but don't have too many expectations for it.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You know the funny thing I only just realized about Young Justice? Most fans seem to agree that the 2nd season is vastly superior to the first. Maybe I'm just too out of touch with comic book lore, but....yeah, I don't really think that I'll ever be able to see things that way, myself.

Avaitor

I never even finished season 2. I don't think I will.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

QuoteMost fans seem to agree that the 2nd season is vastly superior to the first.

Really, now? Almost everyone I've talked to thought the show let itself go in the second season, saying that the show focused too much on Blue Beetle and the Reach plot. But then again, I wasn't following the YJ fandom that closely at the time.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I've just checked out a bunch of random reviews of the show online, and the opinion that the 2nd season was an improvement was far more common than I expected it to be. Back when the show was airing, I only saw the opinions of people here and on TZ. Over here most of us didn't care for season 2, whereas the opinions seemed to be more mixed on TZ.

gunswordfist

I remember when Teen Titans and Duck Dodgers were the only good new cartoons on CN. I still like Teen Titans but I think the show can be pretty filmsy, whatever that means. I still stand by saying Static Shock was better. Teen Titans is at the bottom of the DCUA shows I like.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Two days ago I watched Come The conquerer(The Kang episode I was refering to a page back was actually The Man Who Stole Tomorrow) and then the next Kang episode. After that, I finished the Ultron arc and the episode with Hydra vs A.I.M and the Cosmic Cube. I've been surprised at Fantastic Four's appearance. With how they get excluded in Marvel Vs. Capcom games and the movies, I was expecting to never see them.

Avaitor

The Fantastic Four episode is one of my very favorites.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I just re-watched the first 2 episodes of Teen Titans. The 1st episode was painfully boring and predictable, and the 2nd wasn't much better. But, I'll still be venturing on.

gunswordfist

Poor EK. I am sure you have something else to watch. A TT rewatch would be at the very bottom of my list.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm only really re-watching it because it's the only DC cartoon from that era that I never finished (unless you count The Batman, but there's no fucking way that I'm sitting through anymore of that piece of shit), and I have this strange feeling of incompleteness that bugs me about it. That, and apparently the show has a strong fan-base, so I figured I'd at least attempt to give it another try.

After this show, I'm re-watching Megas XLR.