What Are You Watching?

Started by Avaitor, October 21, 2012, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

There's a surprising amount of nominees that have slipped through the cracks years from now. A lot of the foreign films in particular, and it'd be fascinating to discover them.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Then perhaps you could watch these films and discuss them?

Avaitor

I'll consider it, sure.

I will say that anyone who thought that Ratatouille was clearly the best nominee of 2007 is fucking crazy though. (LD, I'm looking at you)
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Lord Dalek

Ratatouille is a great and frankly underrated film. Nobody gave two shits about Persepolis except internet hipsters. GET OVER IT.

Avaitor

It's the one time internet hipsters are right. And Ratatouille is Pixar's most soulless films. Even moreso than the Cars movies.

New blog!

RacattackForce

Quote from: Avaitor on January 20, 2014, 12:34:02 PM
I'll consider it, sure.

I will say that anyone who thought that Ratatouille was clearly the best nominee of 2007 is fucking crazy though. (LD, I'm looking at you)
I'm putting my work on this project on hold unless you turn that "I'll consider it" into a "Yes sirs, I shall assist in this endeavour." (Either that or you pay us to do this. I'm not picky.)

Avaitor

Quote from: Homura Akemi on January 20, 2014, 01:02:38 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on January 20, 2014, 12:56:06 PM
It's the one time internet hipsters are right. And Ratatouille is Pixar's most soulless films. Even moreso than the Cars movies.

Since when did they make a sequel?
To Ratatouille? Never. But if you meant Cars, the second came out in 2011.

Quote from: RacattackForce on January 20, 2014, 01:50:07 PM
I'll consider it, sure.

I'm putting my work on this project on hold unless you turn that "I'll consider it" into a "Yes sirs, I shall assist in this endeavour." (Either that or you pay us to do this. I'm not picky.)
Oh wow, you're doing this yourself? Message me if you want to collaborate.

Heck, if anyone wants in as well, feel free to. The more, the merrier.

New blog!

RacattackForce

Quote from: Avaitor on January 20, 2014, 02:22:37 PM
Quote from: RacattackForce on January 20, 2014, 01:50:07 PM
I'll consider it, sure.

Oh wow, you're doing this yourself? Message me if you want to collaborate.

Heck, if anyone wants in as well, feel free to. The more, the merrier.
Yeah, I kinda pushed my way into this last night when I saw Dalek and Marquis talking about it on Skype. We divided the work up by years, with me taking 2003, 2006, 2009, and 2012. However, if you're helping as well...*gives Avaitor 2006*  :>

Avaitor

The only nominee I've seen in 2006 is Cars. Alright.

New blog!

Daxdiv

I recently watched JLA Adventures Trapped in Time. I thought it was a good story with some solid action. Really love how despite it being called JL toon, it really focuses more on Karate Kid and Dawnstar being from the future and trying to stop Lex Luthor from erasing Superman, rather than the team of Superman, Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Flash and Aqua Man. That and Time Trapper.

Also... that potential sequel hook. Shame that Giancarlo Volpe probably won't be a part of that since he now works for Riot Games and doesn't really work for WB anymore.

Nel_Annette

After a little burnout break, I've finally reached season three of Hey Arnold. And I see that "Arnold Betrays Iggy" is in this season. Skipping this episode. Fuck this episode. Iggy's my most hated character on the show because of what happens here.

And from what I've read, even most of the crew who worked on the show hate this episode.  :rtard:

Avaitor

The one where Arnold had to wear the bunny pajamas because Sid and Stinky guessed that Iggy wore them without Arnold actually saying that he did?

Every show has its share of bad episodes. Some which are highly forgettable no matter how many times you've caught a repeat, and others which stick in your mind nearly as much as the best, just for how rancid they are. This is obviously a case of the latter.

New blog!

gunswordfist

That episode was a big dick move.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Avaitor on January 24, 2014, 01:47:14 PM
The one where Arnold had to wear the bunny pajamas because Sid and Stinky guessed that Iggy wore them without Arnold actually saying that he did?

Every show has its share of bad episodes. Some which are highly forgettable no matter how many times you've caught a repeat, and others which stick in your mind nearly as much as the best, just for how rancid they are. This is obviously a case of the latter.

Yep, that's the episode. I remember loathing it even when I was a kid when it first aired. For a show that was usually entertaining at best and so-so at worst, this one has always just stuck out for what a putrid piece of shit it is. Disproportionate retribution at its finest.

EDIT: Sid's annoying too.

Foggle

That's, like, the only episode of Hey Arnold I've seen. Whenever I'd try to watch the show as kid, it always ended up being that one airing.

...And now I know why I never liked HA.