What Are You Watching?

Started by Avaitor, October 21, 2012, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Within the last hour, upon listening to Avaitor's recommendation, I watched the first episode of Green Lantern. I was actually impressed. I thought the CG would suck because those promos sucked, but it didn't. It looked like decent movie quality. As for the important stuff, it was pretty entertaining and held my interest. My only complaint is I kind of don't like Hal's voice. It's good to finally see him in something good that's not an animated movie or comic though. I'll definitely be watching much more of GL. ;D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Yeah, GL's animation looks better in motion. It's some of the best CG done for an animated series yet.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Even in motion, it looked lowrent in those...lowrent CN promos. :D It doesn't look too far away from Pixar movie quality. I'm used to seeing crappy level CG which is why I was so reluctant to watch GL

gunswordfist

Watched episode 2 and 3 of GL yesterday. So wait, Kilowog (sp?) says he saved most of the people on the planet, implying that some in fact did die and then the next they say that all survived? I'll have to look into later. I was also hoping that the finger would also be pointed at Hal Jordan for the destruction of that world because the ship wouldn't have had a tracker nor would have the Red Lanterns have tracked them to the planet if Jordan didn't go after that Hunter Killer drone to get some petty payback.

Anyway, so far so good, in spite of my above concerns. I didn't expect Razer to join them until around the time it happened. Decent character even though his dialogue deliver is a bit dry.

LumRanmaYasha

I think Razer is easily the best character in the show. I'm curious to see what you'll think of him as his character arc progresses.  :)

gunswordfist

Watched episodes 4 and 5 today. Episode 4 was a team bonding episode and Episode 5 was that gladiator-esque one. I was surprised by some of the twists at the end and how calming they acted about someone being dead. I thought he was asleep or something until Hal said something about him being murdered. I also thought Kilowog was actually dead after that part :D but then I remembered they were talking about a trap and figured out what was going on. Who became the new GL at the end did surprise me though.

gunswordfist

I watched the GL episode Lost Planet last night. I officially need to stop thinking I know when the show will be predictable because it sent me for a loop again. I did not expect to see who was selected to be a new GL at the end. I went  :SHOCK: @ first because I didn't know what the hell was going on. :D

gunswordfist

Whoa, I haven't been in here in awhile.

I'm surprised how quickly characters come back in these episodes. The last episode I watched was Invasion. This show has really been holding my attention.

gunswordfist

Two days ago I watched Homecoming. I thought that episode was kind of weak, especially Jordan's fight with Ah...the Red Lantern leader. I prefer many of the more character driven episodes. I watched the first Guy Gardner/Manhunter episode today. Is Guy ALWAYS considered a dick in cartoons. :> I'm still laughing at how John Stewart and Hal quickly said no about him joining the Justice League in Young Justice.

gunswordfist

On May 1, I watched 3 episodes of GL. Whoa...THAT was the Anti-Monitor. I heard a lot about him. What a big surprise. Good to see Razer again and then Sinestro's first appearance.

gunswordfist

Aya sounds more like Azula now.

Avaitor

I think that was the intent. ;)
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Hmmm... :thinkin: Well anyway, it was the Star Sapphire, love vs hate episode where I noticed that and that's the GL episode I'm up to.

gunswordfist

I watched episode 23 and then 24, Scarred in GL. Whoa, the latter episode revealed a lot.

gunswordfist

I watched episode 25 and 26 of Green Lantern The Animated Series today. The last episodes Netflix had and of season 2. How this season ended was a bit too predictable. I also still don't care for Razer's and Aya relationship. It seems pretty silly to me. Overall, the season was alright but I liked season one more. That season was much more unpredictable and introduced more and better characters. The only new character I cared about in season 2 is Guy Gardner. Also, my favorite villain so far is whatchumicit's brother from that gladiator alien planet. I loved how the mood changed when he thought he got a green lantern ring and gave that speech. I wish I could have nominated him for the greatest villain tournament.