What Are You Watching?

Started by Avaitor, October 21, 2012, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

:lol:

Y'know, Arthur gets dismissed by many because it's a PBS kids show, but honestly, it can be really damn funny and smartly written at times. Shame that people don't give it enough credit, really.

Daxdiv

I remember being a kid watching that Arthur episode and being surprised they did a South Park Parody. Yes, I watched South Park and Arthur as a kid, who didn't?

I haven't watch Arthur in forever. The only thing I've heard about it was the fact that they changed animation styles last year.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Daxdiv on November 11, 2013, 09:25:48 PM
Yes, I watched South Park and Arthur as a kid, who didn't?

I stopped watching Arthur well over a year before I started watching South Park:P

Avaitor

Arthur was on at the same time as DBZ over here.

Guess which I chose to watch?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Avaitor

This February, Criterion will put their first animated release out into stores- The Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Hell to the yes.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

The Shadow Gentleman

LumRanmaYasha

Avaitor

Uh, I guess we don't have a Family Guy thread.

Anyway, Brian died.

New blog!

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

LumRanmaYasha

No, he won't.

I can't say I care. Brian has long become an unlikeable mouth for Seth and crew's radical liberal opinions and as a character he's selfish, hypocritical, and self-righteous, things he originally wasn't but flanderization had turned him so, much like how Stewie is almost unrecognizable as the character he once was, now. And he used to be my favorite character in the show bar none back when I could still look at these characters and watch this show and get something out of it. "Brian: Portrait of a Dog" and the season 3 two-parter had long since been some of my favorite episodes from the show. But I don't feel anything now. I'm not saddened, not confused, though maybe I feel exasperated by this show and it's attempts to still be funny and edgy when it has long since become a mediocre, offensive shell of what it once was. And that kinda makes me melancholy, since feeling disillusionment with something you once used to like is always a little depressing.

I guess the only thing of interest to me about this is that the Stewie-Brian dynamic, which drove much of the show, is now gone, which could screw them over if Vinnie doesn't work out for them. Knowing the crew, they could always just bring Brian back to life like they did James Woods if this doesn't work out, though.

gunswordfist

Oh, so Brian was killed? I didn't even know the show had a new intro until a few days ago so that shows how much I've ignored FG.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Yeah, I don't really keep up with the Fox shows either. I  didn't even know that Flanders and Mrs. Krabappel were married until a couple of months ago.

New blog!

Peanutbutter

Our chocolate lab died of cancer back in January this year. He was 11 years old. Family Guy was in it's third season when we got him. Losing a dog is exactly like losing a family member or a close friend. One of the things I even said to myself to feel better about was "At least I still have Brian on Family Guy!". Watching this episode made me think about our dog. I almost cried when they showed Brian saying goodbye. It reminded me a lot of when we all around our dog as he was being put to sleep.

I liked Brian, so I'll definitely miss him. Some people I'm sure are  glad he's gone because they're still mad about the political episodes, but that was only in season 7 and they toned that way down after that. There were plenty of moments that showed Brian cared about the Griffins, especially Peter and Stewie. All the Road to episodes were fun.

And I don't know why people doubt this was permanent. If they don't push the reset button at the end, that means they're not coming back. Have Diane Simmons, Jillian's boyfriend, Muriel Goldman come back? Or the Vaudeville Duo and Paddy? Yeah, I think they meant what they said.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on November 25, 2013, 06:30:41 PM
Yeah, I don't really keep up with the Fox shows either. I  didn't even know that Flanders and Mrs. Krabappel were married until a couple of months ago.
I found that out a few weeks ago. Everyone saw my reaction.

I actually spent a very very long time away from Fox's primetime cartoons. When I got cable and Family Guy was on AS, I went years without seeing the Simpsons.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody