What Are You Watching?

Started by Avaitor, October 21, 2012, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nel_Annette

Ah well then. Guess I'll invest in those when I get the chance. I'm wondering if some episodes were moved around between the Amazon and Shout Factory releases though, because Amazon's edition of Season 3 is split into two volumes while SF's Season 2 is the one that's split up.

gunswordfist

Watched The Red Skull/Winter Soldier episodes. Forgot to mention that it was good to see WS in the first Rulk episode.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Finished Live Kree Or Die today. Pretty awesome episode.

Nel_Annette

Finished the first season of Hey Arnold. Only the Christmas episode seems to be fucked up on the dvd. I can live with that. In all my selective nostalgia, I forgot about the really weird shit like The Sewer King. And that Valentine's Day episode is still really sweet after all these years.

Aaand I just started season two. Holy fuck, I forgot that Arnold's voice actor changed every season. Definitely preferred the first season voice to this new one, but eh, all it's gonna do is keep changing the further in I go.

Rynnec

Quote from: Nel_Annette on December 22, 2013, 02:02:22 AM
Finished the first season of Hey Arnold. Only the Christmas episode seems to be fucked up on the dvd. I can live with that.

But that's like, the best episode of the show. :(

Nel_Annette

I don't wanna double-dip just because of one episode being fucked, but... hrrrrgh.  :cry: Maybe down the road when I have spare money I can get the Shout release.

Avaitor

I found the first volume of Space Ghost for $2 at the flea market yesterday. Now I think I'll marathon the first disc, cause why not?

So in Brak's first appearance, he's doing a Beavis impression, while the red guy you sometimes see in The Brak Show is Butthead. Hmm.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Pharass

For some reason, I recently decided to sit down and actually watch Friendship is Magic.I have to confess that I actually kind of like it. It's not the greatest animated show I've seen, but it has a certain charm. I never get the feeling that the show talks down to it's intended audience and it manages to be cute without being saccharine. I guess if I had to describe the show using one word it would be this: Fun.
Yeah, it's a fun show and sometimes that's all I need.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Nel_Annette

You've described it perfectly. I actually haven't watched it in over a year, but that's why I liked it. I was one of those obsessed wackos though, so now I'm pretty damn burnt out.

gunswordfist

Started over Wolverine And The X-Men with my oldest brother and as of yesterday, we got up to episode 2. I never got anywhere near finishing the show so this replay is overdue.

Avaitor

And here are the nominations for Best Animated Picture.

The Croods
Despicable Me 2
Ernest & Celestine
Frozen
The Wind Rises

I'm expecting Frozen to win. The Wind Rises lost its biggest factor (the sympathy vote) the moment Miyazaki nixed his plans to retire.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daxdiv

HA HA! Monster's University didn't make it. Suck it nerds that thought the Academy would be biased towards anything Pixar.

GO FROZEN!

Avaitor

Here's a challenge that seems appropriate for the blog- someone should watch every film nominated for Best Animated Feature and talk about which one should have won for their respective year.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on January 19, 2014, 01:57:21 PM
Here's a challenge that seems appropriate for the blog- someone should watch every film nominated for Best Animated Feature and talk about which one should have won for their respective year.
Maybe you should do that. You probably know a lot more about these films than I do and it would be good to see you blog again. ;)

Daxdiv

Wow, you're actually talking about doing 48 feature films!! 53 if you decide to count the recent batch of nominated films.  Seems like a bit of an overload.

But I'm curious as to what criteria you'd have to say for what film you thought was robbed that year. I mean, personal bias and all that junk. Though looking at the list, the only ones I do question that won were 2006 and 2012.