What Are You Watching?

Started by Avaitor, October 21, 2012, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I always forget to start up AnJ! I really do want to. Hopefully I can soon.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 07, 2014, 07:05:53 PM
But other than you, I'd like to hear everyone else's excuse for not having enough time to check out the only series that I've recommended in years.
I'm graduating at the end of the summer so I'm busy with school too! Also, I'm just kind of bad about watching/reading things. Pretty much everything I check out these days is based on recommendations from you guys and my other friends, but I'm so slow at getting around to things.

QuoteAnd while we're at it, when's Foggle going to watch Summer Wars and Wolf Children?
Eventually. :lol:

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 07, 2014, 06:42:10 PM
And yet no matter how much stuff I watch that you guys recommend, nobody is ever going to read AnJ, so there's still no justice done, here.
Since I'm pretty much done with this semester, I literally just started reading AnJ. Keep in mind, I also have Legend of the Galactic Heroes, The Wire, and assorted other comics and manga I want to finish over the summer, so scheduling by massive backlog of recommendations is the biggest thing preventing me from finishing anything.  :??:

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 07, 2014, 07:14:33 PM
Oh, and just for the record I give props to CX for being the only person so far who listened to any of my recommendations. :thumbup:

:)

As far as western animation goes, I'm pretty much up to speed on everything, though at some point I would like to revisit some stuff, like the Disney Afternoon shows and classic Disney and Looney Tunes cartoons. I do have some stuff I haven't tried yet, like the newer Pound Puppies cartoon and Ruby Gloom, and I do want to give Tron: Uprising and Motorcity proper watches since I didn't see their full runs. But I'm really more interested in seeking out good foreign animation right now that isn't anime... but the only thing I've found that appeals to me so far is Wakfu atm.  :sweat: Movie-wise, though, that list of the greatest animated film as decided by industry professionals has some stuff I haven't seen yet, so I'll be checking out most of those over the summer.

I have large anime, manga, film, and live-action television backlogs, and I don't think anyone can recommend me stuff for those that I don't already plan to watch. Not really sure where to start with comics and music, though.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Cartoon X on May 07, 2014, 09:44:22 PM
and I do want to give Tron: Uprising and Motorcity proper watches since I didn't see their full runs.
:thumbup:

gunswordfist

I will when more than 3 people here have watched Legion Of Superheroes, you bastard.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 07, 2014, 09:53:22 PM
I will when more than 3 people here have watched Legion Of Superheroes, you bastard.

I've seen it too, GSF, so that makes 4.  ;)

Quote from: Foggle on May 07, 2014, 06:18:49 PM
You guys all need to watch Forrest Cat. Here's an episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhqvnZwEZz8

No subs, no go.  :P

gunswordfist

Avaitor

My problem is getting back into anime. I'd literally rather try anything else before going back into it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, who says you have to get back into anime as a whole? I find that it's better to think of each show as its own thing rather than grouping them up into some broad category. I have long since stopped calling myself an anime fan, but rather I just happen to enjoy certain shows that are anime.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on May 08, 2014, 09:10:13 AM
My problem is getting back into anime. I'd literally rather try anything else before going back into it.
Well, don't be a DarthGonzo and refuse to touch any anime simply because it's anime. That line of thinking aligns with the people who refuse to watch Archer because of the animation.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 08, 2014, 09:16:02 AM
Well, who says you have to get back into anime as a whole? I find that it's better to think of each show as its own thing rather than grouping them up into some broad category. I have long since stopped calling myself an anime fan, but rather I just happen to enjoy certain shows that are anime.
Well it's going to take some time to knock some sense into the guy who thought Rurouni Kenshin was mediocre and Yu yu Hakusho had long fights after barely watching the show. :>

Seriously, we all know that most of anime is garbage and that you have to just look for the good recommendations. Those rules aren't that hard to follow, Avaitor.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 08, 2014, 03:12:45 PM

Seriously, we all know that most of anime is garbage and that you have to just look for the good recommendations. Those rules aren't that hard to follow, Avaitor.

This is basically the rule for everything. A lot of stuff in any medium, be it film, music, literature, etc., is either bad or mediocre, but there are still plenty of good stuff to discover, so long as you do the research and listen to recommendations from people you have similar tastes with.

gunswordfist

Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same. Every medium/form of entertainment has mostly garbage, you just got to know where to look.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Cartoon X on May 08, 2014, 03:17:12 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on May 08, 2014, 03:12:45 PM

This is basically the rule for everything. A lot of stuff in any medium, be it film, music, literature, etc., is either bad or mediocre, but there are still plenty of good stuff to discover, so long as you do the research and listen to recommendations from people you have similar tastes with.
Yeah, pretty much. The only people who don't follow those rules are teenagers and assholes.