What Are You Watching?

Started by Avaitor, October 21, 2012, 02:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

I just know that Avaitor is no longer a teenager.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

I watched 3 episodes of Wolverine And The X-Men yesterday. Not bad, so far.

Avaitor

It's not an "all anime is bad EVAAAA" thing. I still like what I like, and I did enjoy trying out Space Dandy, but I can't seem to get invested in watching an anime series on a regular basis like I used to. I know that I should ease into some series again slowly, but it's hard for me to do that anymore unless it's on TV.

Lately I'd rather just watch live-action or domestic animated series instead, and even with the latter, it's not as easy for me as it used to be, especially with shows for younger demographics.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Shows are bite-sized now though. And thanks to Daisuki, it may as well be TV.

For instance, this show's only 12 episodes. Just force your way through the first 3 and see if it can grab you. I know watching regular TV's easier, but just force yourself to hit the play button. This show forced Dalek off his lazy arse. Maybe it can do it to you.

talonmalon333

For me, anime and western animation are basically the same. And for both, I haven't watched as much lately as I wish.

Dr. Insomniac

And I've hung around with too many anime bloggers who think people too lazy to watch anything are the salt of the earth.

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 08, 2014, 06:19:44 PM
For instance, this show's only 12 episodes. Just force your way through the first 3 and see if it can grab you. I know watching regular TV's easier, but just force yourself to hit the play button. This show forced Dalek off his lazy arse. Maybe it can do it to you.

That particular show is also on Netflix, so you can watch it on tv if you so wish. Just remember to watch it subbed, though.

Lord Dalek

Daxdiv

Finally finished watching Spectacular Spider-Man Season 2. This was even better than the first season. So many different episodes I liked in this season, like Sandman's, Liz's brother, and the final 2 episodes.

Now that I knocked that out of my backlog, time to go back on other series I need to watch... like actually completing Battle Tendency, despite being halfway done with that.

Rynnec

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 07, 2014, 07:05:53 PM
Well, might as well wait a few more months since Hox is going to redo the translations of the first 6 volumes to make the translations more consistent throughout the entire series.

But other than you, I'd like to hear everyone else's excuse for not having enough time to check out the only series that I've recommended in years.

I'm a lazy shit.

gunswordfist

I've been watching more Wolverine And The X-Men, including the Hulk episode yesterday. "Hulk...Hulk, behind...Hulk is not a behind!" :D

gunswordfist

How many episodes does Wolverine and the X-Men have?

Spark Of Spirit

I think it's only 26. One season.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I hope that's right, tbh. I'm sick of Netflix having incomplete series.

Avaitor

Yeah, 26. There was going to be another season with the same amount of episodes, but that was quickly scrapped.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/