Currently Running Manga Discussion

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 30, 2010, 12:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLordGTZ

The ERASED manga is ending in March.  No real surprise since the anime was stated to be adapting the entire manga.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: VLordGTZ on February 04, 2016, 06:55:32 AM
Buddy Strike is ending in this coming issue of Jump.
One volume. Brutal. I think he should have chosen another sport other than Baseball. It's pretty much the most saturated sport in manga right now.

But that's only one series. They still have to cancel another one since they're putting in two series. Whatever they cut next will be a problem for many fans.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Well, Assassination Classroom is probably going to end next month, so I don't think they are going to cancel anything else for the time being. 

Spark Of Spirit

Actually it turns out that Best Blue was never actually replaced when it ended, only being replaced with one-shots. That's probably what it'll go back to being once AC ends.

Anyway, here are the rankings for this week:

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #10 (February 8th, 2016):
Yuna of Yuragi Manor (Cover, Lead CP, New Series, 54 p.)
1- Haikyu!!
2- One Piece
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma (Center Color)
World Trigger (Not ranked. Was absent in issue #1)
3- Assassination Classroom
4- My Hero Academia
Mononofu (Center Color)
5- Samon the Summoner
6- Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
Hinomaru Sumo (Center Color)
7- Black Clover
8- Nisekoi
9- Toriko
10- The Mishaps of Kusuo Saiki
11- Kochikame
12- Bleach
13- Gintama
14- Buddy Strike (END)
Chronicle of Isobe -Life is Hard-

Only thing left to wonder is if either of these two new series are going to last.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

Apparently, Viz won't be doing a Jump Start for Yuna of Yuragi Manor due to ecchi content, so I guess we'll only be getting Blade of Demon Destruction over here.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

VLordGTZ

On a whim, I decided to catch up with Akame ga Kill.  While the series on a whole is pretty meh, and the introduction to Wild Hunt is godawful, the manga has a number of entertaining moments and action sequences.  I'll probably stick with it since it's only a monthly series, and it seems to be on its final arc.

Spark Of Spirit

This week was pretty easy to rank.

My Hero Academia
World Trigger
Black Clover
Hikaru no Go

My Hero Academia is, oddly enough, much like this week's Seraph of the End except better written. For one, action is still happening as important revelations are made and it feels like motion is being made instead of treading water. On the other hand, Seraph's end of chapter is the EXACT same scene from the end of the last one. Exposition city. MHA shows that even after that crazy fight, there is still much more to do. Already can't wait until next week.

World Trigger appears to be nearing the end of this mini-invasion as one of the enemies has fallen but no one on the other team appears very worried. I have a feeling Ashihara is eager to get to the next revelation soon.

Black Clover benefits from doing what it didn't used to do. Having development of ideas during action and not as exposition on the side. I also find that Tabata is pretty good at humor which a lot of other shonen mangaka are simply not. The manga continues being a pleasant read every week even if it's not a favorite of mine.

Hikaru no Go had a pretty good first chapter, all things considered. However I might feel about where it eventually ended up aside, it is a solid beginning to a series that did a lot right.

VLordGTZ

A trailer has been released for the Mob Psycho 100 anime.

Man, this is looking pretty good.   ;D

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Bones stuff always looks so good. I'm guessing this will be a straightforward adaption.

VLordGTZ

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 09, 2016, 03:41:53 PM
Looks crazy. :o
Well, it is from the creator of OPM so that's to be expected.  :D

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #11 (February 15th, 2016):
Kimetsu no Yaiba: Blade of Demon Destruction (Cover, Lead CP, New Series, 54 p.)
1- Assassination Classroom
One Piece (Not ranked. Was absent in issue #2)
Yuna of Yuragi Manor (Center Color, 25 p.)
2- Haikyu!!
3- Black Clover
Samon the Summoner (Center Color)
4- Hinomaru Sumo
5- My Hero Academia
Nisekoi (Center Color)
6- Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
7- Toriko
8- Mononofu
9- The Mishaps of Kusuo Saiki
10- Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
11- Kochikame
12- Gintama
13- World Trigger
14- Bleach
Chronicle of Isobe -Life is Hard-

No surprises this week.