Currently Running Manga Discussion

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 30, 2010, 12:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #16 (March 19th, 2016):
Haikyu!! (Cover, Lead CP, Season 3 Anime Announcement)
1- My Hero Academia
2- One Piece
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma (Center Color)
3- Black Clover
4- World Trigger
Assassination Classroom (Center Color, END)
5- Hinomaru Sumo
6- Samon the Summoner
Yuna of Yuragi Manor (Center Color)
7- Mononofu
8- Toriko
9- The Mishaps of Kusuo Saiki
Kimetsu no Yaiba: Blade of Demon Destruction (Not ranked)
10- Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
11- Kochikame
12- Bleach
13- Gintama
14- Nisekoi
Chronicle of Isobe -Life is Hard-

Go, World Trigger! Always all over the place, but it's nice to see it in the top 5.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

VLordGTZ

I read the final chapter of Assassination Classroom yesterday.  It was a great send-off, and it's safe to say that the series has cemented itself as one of my favorite manga.  I'm definitely going to check out Neuro now, and I look forward to reading Yusei Matsui's next manga (whenever he plans on making one).

Spark Of Spirit

My Hero Academia
World Trigger
Food Wars
Black Clover

MHA doesn't take anything lying down. Looks like Eijirou's pushing Midoriya and the others to go after Bakugo, trying to beat All Might to the punch of attacking their enemies. Ida and the others seem against it, and rightfully so, but something tells me Midoriya and Todoroki won't take such a complete defeat so easily. Unfortunately, we have to wait a week to see his decision. There's no way Midoriya goes out there without a plan.

That ends the mini-invasion arc in World Trigger which helped break up the seemingly endless Rank Wars. I do hope Ashihara is planning to move on from this soon. I am very eager to get into the main story again. That said, I can't really complain when the material is just so enjoyable. Hopefully we finally get to see Osamu's new trick next time.

It was good to see Kurokiba win in Food Wars. But something tells me this doesn't mean clear skies are ahead.

Black Clover is simply good at being enjoyable. As I've said before, the comedic moments are actually enjoyable unlike much battle shonen. But here, unlike back during that assembly, he manages to (re-)introduce a lot of characters naturally without wasting panels devoted to each one. Much better writing here and it ends with a pretty good cliffhanger on top of it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Kazuhiro Fujita's new series just started in Sunday.

It's called Souboutei Kawasubeshi/Souboutei Must Be Destroyed. I'm hoping this is good and is a success for him and Sunday. That ad they made for the series is pretty cool.

gunswordfist

That ad was amazing!! I hope it's a huge success.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #17 (March 28th, 2016):
My Hero Academia (Cover, Lead CP)
My Hero Academia (Special Chapter, 5 p.)
1- Black Clover
2- Haikyu!!
Nisekoi (Center Color)
3- Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
4- World Trigger
Boze (One-Shot, Center Color, 47 p.)
5- The Mishaps of Kusuo Saiki
Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club (Center Color, 25 p.)
6- Samon the Summoner
7- Hinomaru Sumo
8- Gintama
Kimetsu no Yaiba: Blade of Demon Destruction (Center Color)
9- Mononofu
10- Yuna of Yuragi Manor (First ranking)
11- Kochikame
12- Toriko
13- Bleach
One Piece (Absent)

First ranking for the ecchi series is just in the top 10. I suppose it's a good thing it wasn't ranked dead last right off the bat.

Spark Of Spirit

My Hero Academia
World Trigger
One Punch Man
Black Clover

MHA is still on fire. Everything they do, every action comes back around again. And now it looks like their group of five (Midoriya, Ida, Eijirou, Todoroki, and Yaoyozaru) are going to have covert mission of their own while the heroes attack head on to save Bakugo. It also looks like Midoriya is seriously going to have to learn to control hiw quirk soon because he doesn't have much time left before it will leave his arms permanently useless. Also, Bakugo rejecting the villain offer should be interesting to go into in the weeks to come. Still the best series running in Jump.

I like these little strategy sessions before an official battle in World Trigger. They let you get in a little bit into what everyone's thinking and how they'll play it when the battle starts. As much as I'm hoping Rank Wars is finally reaching its end, this stuff is still a lot of fun to read.

Everything's hitting the fan in OPM. Certainly can't wait to see what happens next.

Black Clover ws a short chapter on dealing with the supposed traitor. It was interesting enough, and some of the magic was pretty cool, but I'm sure next week will have more to it.

VLordGTZ

It looks like english Shonen Jump will be publishing the AC spin-off chapters.  :)

I recently caught up with Black Clover.  While it isn't amazing by any means, I feel that it's still a very entertaining battle-shonen series.  I hope that Tabata continues to improve the series as it goes on.

I'm going to try to catch up with MHA before the anime premieres this weekend.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 23, 2016, 10:28:36 PM
Kazuhiro Fujita's new series just started in Sunday.

It's called Souboutei Kawasubeshi/Souboutei Must Be Destroyed. I'm hoping this is good and is a success for him and Sunday. That ad they made for the series is pretty cool.
Extended preview.

That looks quite nuts. Wish I could read it.  :sweat:

gunswordfist

Whoa, I don't know what to make of that except it looks interesting and I've always loved that trailer music. Seriously, does anyone know the name of that music?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #18 (April 4th, 2016):
One Piece (Cover, Lead CP)
1- My Hero Academia
My Hero Academia Smash!! (Special Chapter) (Main Series published in Jump+)
2- Black Clover
3- Haikyu!!
Assassination Classroom Side Story (New Mini-Series, Center Color, Chapter 1)
4- Mononofu
5- Samon the Summoner
Twin Star Exorcists (Special Chapter, Center Color, 32 p.) (Main series published in Jump SQ)
6- Yuna of Yuragi Manor
7- World Trigger
8- Straighten Up! Welcome to Shika High's Competitive Dance Club
Hinomaru Sumo (Center Color)
Hinomaru Sumo (Special Chapter)
9- Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
10- Kimetsu no Yaiba: Blade of Demon Destruction (First ranking)
11- Kochikame
12- Toriko
13- The Mishaps of Kusuo Saiki
14- Gintama
15- Nisekoi
16- Bleach

Not a bad ranking for KnY's first chapter. Mononofu at #4 is pretty impressive, though.

LumRanmaYasha

I'm back, and so is After the Jump! In this week's issue, a porcupine wants a hug, the Don doggone dies, and Raku loses in a character popularity poll to someone who isn't even from his series. Who says Nisekoi isn't hilarious? All this and more, After the Jump!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's nice to finally see your primary account back in use, CX/VLord. :sly:

VLordGTZ