Currently Running Manga Discussion

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 30, 2010, 12:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

As I expected. Oh well. All Kagamigami has to do is become popular and last a while, and we should see it added back to Jump or at least get licensed for graphic novel releases, so hopefully things pan out that way.

Spark Of Spirit

Meh.

Oh well, here's hoping it does well and gets better.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

No doubt you're happy about that, eh Vlord?  ;) Great news indeed for Makoto Yukimura fans!

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 30, 2015, 12:36:58 PM
Meh.

To be fair, Black Clover has about as good a start as Kagamigami quality-wise. The latter's sense of humor and the female lead Mako were really the main reasons I would have preferred it being added in instead. I think both series have potential to improve and become really strong as they go on, so hopefully both will, and Kagamigami eventually finds it's way back into the english Shonen Jump.

LumRanmaYasha

Noragami's getting a second anime season.

Reminds me I still need to finish the first, and catch up with the manga.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Cartoon X on March 31, 2015, 12:37:52 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 30, 2015, 12:36:58 PM
Meh.

To be fair, Black Clover has about as good a start as Kagamigami quality-wise. The latter's sense of humor and the female lead Mako were really the main reasons I would have preferred it being added in instead. I think both series have potential to improve and become really strong as they go on, so hopefully both will, and Kagamigami eventually finds it's way back into the english Shonen Jump.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't think it's awful or anything. It just doesn't interest me right now, but that could change in the future. Kagamigami just intrigues me more as a concept and that I know the author's abilities.

LumRanmaYasha

Here are the rankings for the April 6th issue of Weekly Shonen Jump:

My Hero Academia (Lead CP)
1- One Piece
2- Haikyu!!
3- Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
World Trigger (Not ranked. Was absent in issue #12)
4- Gintama
5- Kagamigami
6- Nisekoi
Assassination Classroom (Center Color)
7- Hinomaru Sumo
8- Black Clover (first ranking)
9- Toriko
10- Bleach
One Shot: Ultimate Ball Dance (Center Color, 49 p.)
11- The Mishaps of Kusuo Saiki
Cyborg Roggy (Not ranked)
12- Kochikame
Ultra Battle Satellite (Not ranked)
13- Gakkyu Hotei: School Judgment
14- Takujo no Ageha: The Table Tennis of Ageha
The Story of Isobe Isobee

Hmm, Black Clover's debut was lower than Kagamigami's. Perhaps Viz chose the wrong series to pick up after all.  :sly:

Spark Of Spirit

lol

I do hope it maintains that ranking. The series is looking pretty good so far.

LumRanmaYasha

LumRanmaYasha

Crunchyroll's got Shokugeki no Soma and FUNi's got Blood Blockade Battlefront. The first episode of the former is already up, so I'll be watching it during diner tonight (it's only appropriate). Still waiting on news about Rin-ne. I'll be surprised if Viz doesn't pick it up for streaming.

Spark Of Spirit

Has anyone licensed the newer HxH anime yet? And if not, uh, why not?

LumRanmaYasha

Same reasons why no one's licensed JoJo's, probably.  :>

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

HXH makes sense since the '99 anime did poorly over here (although, I blame that on a bad dub and marketing), and Viz doesn't want to take a chance again, whereas FUNi already has its hands full with an ongoing long-running shonen anime in One Piece, so they are probably looking for smaller projects.

In JoJo's case, I'm not sure why they haven't snapped it up yet.