What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Dammit, tonight, after not playing the game for months, I decided to open up Golden Sun The Lost Age again and for some reason, it loaded a save state, thus sending me backwards in the game. Good news is I think it was only a few weeks of progress (hey, it could be worse) so there's that.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

Do any of you have a preference between owning games physically or digitally?

Foggle

Physical, always. Though I don't mind digital for PC games.

Spark Of Spirit

I prefer physical, but settle with digital if I have to.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I of course prefer owning a physical copy of a game. About a 3rd of the games I have are digital though.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

It seems like my opinion's the same- physical if possible, digital if it's the only option.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Increasingly, I do think it's becoming easier and more convenient to just have things digitally, on one hand.

Spark Of Spirit

For non-licensed retro games it is. Same with smaller download games like those on XBLA, PSN, and the e-shop.

For big boxed games, I tend to prefer physical copies. I think Splatoon is the only recent big game I've got via download since it's a multiplayer game and therefore much more convenient for me than fumbling with a disc every time I want to play a random match or two.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Right now I'd say I still prefer physical copies, although as I've come to the point in life where I'm trying to de-clutter as much as possible, I think I might slowly start moving towards digital. I mean I love my collection, and I've been building it up for years, but I'm just so busy anymore that I feel like it's almost becoming a burden to manage at this point. There's definitely a convenience factor with just being able to pick up and play something and not have to bumble around with reorganization and everything else.

I know it's definitely getting to be that way with how I handle movies anyway. Netflix is missing a lot of stuff (King of the Hill being a prime example) so it's definitely not the be-all end-all, but I'm finding that with a lot of newer releases of shows and such, I'll just stick to streaming rather than pony up for the $40 box set. But that's a different subject entirely, sooooo..... :humhumhum:

Nel_Annette

Losing interest in collecting Star Coins in the NSMB games at this point, and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse showed up in the mail today, so I think I'll give that a go tomorrow. I honestly really don't like Canvas Curse, but the aesthetic of this game looks so attractive that I really want to give the gameplay another shot.

Would also like to start Arkham Asylum tomorrow. I have all four games and they've just been collecting dust.

Foggle

I love Arkham Asylum! I didn't particularly care for City, and I never played the other 2 (3) games, but AA is so good. :joy:

Nel_Annette

I really have been meaning to get into it. But I'm so bad at starting new games. I bought the Asylum/City GOTY Editions duel-pack that was a GameStop exclusive during their 2013 Black Friday sale and it's just been... sitting there. But I keep telling myself "Don't you want to hear Mark Hamill as the Joker again?" and I'm a bit sick of playing the same things over and over.

Nel_Annette

Sorry, I accidentally posted this in the Capcom thread. Reposting here.

Alright, so Kirby's a no-go. I love the claymation art style. I adore it. But my fear of having my eyes stuck to the tablet screen to see what I was doing have so far seemed to be founded. There's all this beauty on my big screen television and I have to stare at that low resolution thing. And a decade later, I still just plain dislike the Canvas Curse gameplay style. Just not my thing. Kirby isn't even cursed into a ball form in this one. He just starts rolling around for shits and giggles in the beginning cutscene and never stops. If they do a regular Kirby game with this art style, I'll be all over it, but for now, I'll probably slowly make my way through this only when I'm super bored.

Aaaaaand I finally bit the bullet and bought two Amiibo. Pac-Man and the Super Mario series Bowser. They had a Smash Bros. series Bowser but he was painted cross-eyed. I have a shelf of little game character statues and these will fit right in. I don't even care about the game functionality. So my current stance on Amiibo is to just buy whatever I see at the store for the retail price. I sure as hell am not going to go crazy paying out the ass for these things.

Rynnec

Finished my first playthrough of No More Heroes 2. It's a great game that's definitely worth playing, but I wouldn't say it's a definite improvement over NMH1. The combat is fun and I like the new weapons and mechanics, but some of the enemies were a chore to fight, and most of the bosses weren't as memorable as its predecessors, in fact, the game doesn't pick up until the Rank 7 fight. There's also the problem of how the other playable characters were implemented. That being said, the bosses from Rank 7 on are some of the greatest bosses ever...except for the final boss. This game is just begging for the Heroes Paradise treatment.

Also, because it bears repeating: Jasper Batt Jr. sucks.

Kiddington

Quote from: Nel_Annette on August 15, 2015, 12:17:29 AM
I sure as hell am not going to go crazy paying out the ass for these things.

I think we may finally be getting to the point where that's no longer an issue (well, except for anything Fire Emblem related; their figures haven't been re-released in mass quantities as far as I know, and still go upwards of $50 on Amazon). A lot of the recent pre-orders were up for days/weeks at a time (as opposed to selling out within milliseconds), and it looks like a lot of the new figures are getting pretty good production runs this time around.

.....figures too, since I've basically lost all interest in collecting these things. I think once I did a count and realized I had hit 40, that was it. I probably will finish off the Smash Bros. series at some point or another for the hell of it, but as far as Animal Crossing and stuff like that is concerned.....eh, no thanks.