Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryPotter

The KKK is Josh's podcast, right? I tried listening to it once, it was terrible. Figures that he'd be involved in that.

Anyway, still no luck finding a job. An acquaintance of mine thinks they can get me a job as a janitor at a high school. On the one hand I'd get pretty generous health and insurance benefits, on the other hand...janitor...

Avaitor

Yeah, Josh is on that. It's mostly Vekou's though, as far as he's concerned anyway.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I'm currently writing a letter to the editor of my local newspaper after he praised a local no talent metalcore band and questioned why Brian Wilson is considered a genius in the same article wondering why no one is going to the local shows anymore. I think anyone here could guess exactly what I'm writing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

GaryPotter

You still read newspapers?

I swore them off after I realized they mostly just print wire stories that I could  get online for free.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: GaryPotter on February 25, 2012, 10:47:25 AM
Anyway, still no luck finding a job. An acquaintance of mine thinks they can get me a job as a janitor at a high school. On the one hand I'd get pretty generous health and insurance benefits, on the other hand...janitor...
Janitorial duty's better than unemployment. And the benefits are usually more than other jobs will ever offer.

And yeah, binging through Twitter for a few minutes offers more information for free than the newspaper does.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: GaryPotter on February 25, 2012, 01:52:11 PM
You still read newspapers?

I swore them off after I realized they mostly just print wire stories that I could  get online for free.
It's local small town news, and I was flipping through it for information about a local robbery.

This just struck a nerve.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

There has been a rash of recent robberies in this small town, but apparently the folks involved were caught. I had been getting a bit worried over hearing about these home invasions of the elderly around here from those out of town and I'm glad to hear they had been stopped.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: GaryPotter on February 25, 2012, 10:47:25 AM

Dude go for it. Janitorial kicks ass, my dad runs his own janitorial business and he can usually make his breaks as long as he wants since that kind of thing doesn't require you be there for the whole day. You just do what you have to and occasionally get called by other people in the place to move some stuff around, and that's about it.  To top it off, they're offering you health and insurance, something thats rarely offered to us janitors. You've got a golden path right in front of you.

Foggle

My crap power supply is finally dying. Can't believe it took this long honestly, I knew it would be shit as soon as I saw that it had no vents, but you can't take it back after opening the box...

Still, though, it's annoying. I can't even stream videos or play NES ROMs on this thing without it overheating anymore. Gonna' have to buy a new one, I guess. Good thing I got that partial refund check back from the court... :srs:

Commode

I've discovered I really like Sonic Drive-In.  Had a Bacon Cheeseburger Toaster sandwich with chili on it, Tater Tots(also with chili), and a Cherry Limeade, so delicious.  I want more.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Mmm, they are pretty good.

I could go for one of their red velvet cake milkshakes or grape slushee smoothies now, in fact.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

GaryPotter

Jack in the Box has the best milkshakes now and forever.

I have a real craving for one of those Arby's Reuben Sandwiches.

Avaitor

We don't have any Jack in the Box's over here, unfortunately.

For milkshakes, I love Checkers, although some of you might have them as Rally's.

New blog!

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Rally's is delicious. There used to be 2 locations in my hometown before they closed up shop here and headed out north. There's one by where my uncle lives, but I never feel like going that out of my way for their delicious fries.

There's one here in my college town, and I'd totally go for some right now if it didn't have inflated prices.

Daxdiv

For Milkshakes, I just go to my local ice cream stand to get one. They're pretty good. Such a shame that I can't have it during the winter, since that stand closes during the winter months.