Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Huh, I thought that I read that Shazam would be the exception. They can't actually expect that to work seriously, can they?

Then again, isn't that the reason why Wright left Ant-Man?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

gunswordfist

I thought that said, "I started a cult." at first.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

The Age of Ultron teaser is out.

Like, wow. That looks insanely good. The tone seems closer to Cap than I thought it would.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

My hype levels are now through the roof. Any doubt that I had about whether this film could live up to the quality of the first film has pretty much been forgotten. This looks like everything that was promised. A darker and more intense film that will really put every Avenger to the test, and change the Marvel Universe in a big way (even bigger than The Winter Soldier). This has what it takes to downright surpass the first movie, and hopefully silence the naysayers who keep prattling on about how The Avengers aren't all that.

Of course, I can't just go by a trailer, as the film could always still suck, but it's hard to see how. It really looks like they know what they are doing with this one, and I have full faith in Joss Whedon fo deliver a kick-ass superhero teak film.

Also, I'm a bit more pumped for this one if only because I love The Ultron Imperative 2-parter from Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and I'm seriously considering reading Mighty Avengers in preparation for this film, since I hear that it apparently draws a lot of elements from that story-line.

Spark Of Spirit

I watched it three times now. It really does look great and a step up from the original. It doesn't really spoil anything, but gives off a good sense of the tone and direction of the film.

Question, I don't know if it has been answered yet or not, but has it been said where Ultron comes from since Ant-Man didn't invent him?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

I heard he's something Tony made that got out of hand.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Since they didn't introduce Ant-Man yet, his origin has been changed so that he has been created in some way by Tony Stark, hence why we see Thor pick him up by the neck in the trailer, presumably because he's really pissed at him.

I'm not sure how hardcore comic book fans have taken that change, but it was revealed months ago and nobody got really vocal about it, so it seems like people are generally cool with if. Ultron's origin doesn't matter quite as much as the character himself, whether he was created by Stark or Pym.

Dr. Insomniac

Though I doubt they'll mention him, I'm interested at how the movie will portray Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's past. Maybe have Ian McKellen do a little joke cameo without outright mentioning the M-word.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Ive just watched that damn trailer 5 times over, back-to-back, and I swear it just keeps getting more awesome every single time I see it. So far, this is easily and by far my most anticipated film of next year. I can't imagine anything else even coming close just in terms of sheer excitement-factor.

Avaitor

I feel like the hype for DC's movies has gone now that the Age of Ultron trailer has delivered so well.

I can't say that I'm surprised.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

GregX

It was me! I did it!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillbarr/2014/10/23/avengers-age-of-ultron-leak-hurts-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-and-possibly-future-star-wars-plans/

The truth is I sold my soul to Crowley. I didn't want to have to watch "Special Snowflake" next week. So I made a deal... we swapped spit... sealed the deal. The trailer is now out there, I don't have to watch the stupid show, stupid show doesn't get a ratings boost, and in ten years, I get torn apart by hell hounds.

I think I did right.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I was thinking about how this was just supposed to be a way to boost AoS's ratings since they were going to be airing it exclusively during next week's episode for the first time ever. The funny thing is that I STILL wasn't going to watch AoS, since I knew that I would be able to find that trailer uploaded to YouTube just under an hour after it premiered on TV, so I still didn't have to waste my time on that stupid show.

It does say a lot, though, how a single 2-minute-and-30-second trailer is far more interesting than anything that this entire show has ever had to offer us, and quite frankly would just make it look like even more of an utter joke in comparison.

Lord Il

heh.. That trailer for Age of Ultron must have made DC shit their pants and cry for their mommy. Not that Marvel really needed an ace up their sleeve, but... damn!

Here's hoping that the movie will indeed deliver.