Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I wasn't in O-Town during the Pulse bombing on Saturday night. I actually came home for the weekend so some friends and I could win my local comic book shop's Disney trivia event (as we did).

But wow. This was such a tragic event. So many innocent people died for nothing but their sexual preferences. How disgusting.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Commode

Hey guys I'm still alive, I just don't post much anymore.  Or something.

Hi!
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

LumRanmaYasha

Peanutbutter

A couple weeks ago my family got to see my brother off his deployment. He's getting pretty excited about being done in the Navy. I'm glad I got to see Jacksonville again, its a great place. Best part was my mom getting to go despite her having stomach issues earlier this year.

Avaitor

My cousin arrived with no idea of the hurricane happening (which makes some sense but is still weird, since he's a pilot from the UK). So I'm going to join him in his hotel.

Hopefully things don't get too hectic on my way there.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

So Hurricane Matthew was kind of a bust. At least where I'm at. Haiti is not in a great state right now, and it looks like Daytona was hit pretty badly as well.

But here in Orlando, we got very little to no damage. My hometown was hit a little more, but it wasn't too bad. Some power outage, a few blown-down trees, and boil water, but as far as I can tell, no one's died there.

New blog!

Dreamer2

Yeah, I'm really close to Orlando, but we didn't get much of anything besides some rain, which was good. Hopefully no more hurricanes for a while.

Commode

We got a ton of rain up here, lots of flooding and parts of the area are still without power(although I never lost my power).  Some pictures I took of the road outside of our apartment when the flooding was at it's worst:

After the rain stopped and most of the water drained I walked up and down this street and it was littered with dead cars.  The last of them were just removed earlier this morning.

Commode

Just for reference that Chick Fil A is normally on the other side of a busy four lane road that goes directly to downtown Norfolk.  It was literally a river.

Foggle

Wow, holy shit. Those are some great shots. Stay safe, man.

Commode

Yeah I'm good.  Our building is several feet off the street level, and is protected by a three foot tall brick wall(you can see it on the left side of the picture with the dead Volvo station wagon).  I took those pictures from the steps, the water was nearly up to the second of three steps.  Plus my apartment is on the second floor, and my car was on the second floor of our parking garage(I drive a Mustang, the front end sits pretty low to the ground, it would have drowned really quickly in that water).