Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Did we lose Grave again?

Goldstar

A couple of days ago, I got a message about something called The Heartbleed Virus or something like that, and I was requested to change my Google address. Evidently, this is a real thing.

Also, in case anyone has tried to visit mine and Silverstar's blog since Sunday, you've probably received a message saying that the blog has been removed or is not found.  Well, I just wanted to let you guys know that our blog isn't dead. We just changed the name and address because the URL we wanted to use is already being used by an inactive blog. It takes about 4-6 weeks for the new address to start showing on searches, so if you try to Google it, it'll just take you to the old address, which we aren't using anymore. The new URL is on my signature, but if you don't want to click it, here it is:

thetwin-factor.blogspot.com
The Star Twins + cartoons + geek speak =Twinsanity!

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 14, 2014, 02:09:55 PM
Did we lose Grave again?
I think I remember him leaving before. I just asked about him.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

Quote from: Daxdiv on April 10, 2014, 01:54:45 PM
They said they would be investigating it, but from what I've noticed around the web, it appears to have affected people that at least ordered from We Love Fine using a credit/debit card in the past couple of days. You know, that website that sells a lot of stuff with huge internet fan bases like My Little Pony, Bravest Warriors, Adventure Time, etc. To be fair, my last transaction on that card was from We Love Fine, I decided to order that Shagbark plush from Dota 2, since Shagbark is one of my favorite custom couriers in the game. Chances are, that probably had something to do with the Heartbleed thing I heard about yesterday. I did check my account later and they did give me a new number, so I guess I'm good for now.

Does anyone know if this has been fixed yet? I totally wanted to order a Gravity Falls shirt off of there...........glad now that I didn't though.

Daxdiv

I hear it should be safe, but to be on the safe side, I hear that using Paypal might be the safer option, since I heard people that used Paypal didn't get their account compromised.

Commode

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on April 13, 2014, 07:48:45 PM
My niece was listening to "In Da Club" today and I told her about how popular that song was when I was in middle school.

Then I realized I am old enough to tell kids about things that were popular in my day.

I'm so old.
I was a sophomore in high school when that song came out.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

gunswordfist

talonmalon333

gunswordfist

Thanks! Happy Easter to you as well!

Commode

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 20, 2014, 12:32:26 AM
The 50 Cent song?
Yeah.

And on the topic of getting old, I just read a comment on YT where the author mentioned being born in 2002.  Maybe I'm too old, but I can't yet comprehend someone who was born after 9/11, it blows my mind.

gunswordfist

I believe my youngest brother was born in 2002. I was about to say about the youtuber, "Whoa, you're old enough to type?"

Also, it's still crazy to me that there are people in their 20s that are born in the 90s.

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 20, 2014, 07:48:23 PM
Also, it's still crazy to me that there are people in their 20s that are born in the 90s.
Present. :D

Commode

I went to Disneyland for the first time 20 years ago this summer, at 6 years old.

Also we moved from San Jose, California up to Boise, Idaho 20 years ago this June.

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 20, 2014, 07:48:23 PM

Eh, what?

I'm 23 and I was born in 1991.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

By technicality, I'm just BARELY an 80's kid, since I was born on October, 23, 1989. But, in reality, I consider myself to be of the 90's generation, since the early 90's is about as far back as I can remember of my childhood, anyways.

I remember 2001 being the year where I first played games like Halo: Combat Evolved, Max Payne, and Sonic Adventure 2, and it was also the year that other famous games like Devil May Cry and Metal Gear Solid 2 released, which are all games that are from a previous generation of consoles, but which I honestly don't consider to be all that old in the grand scheme of things. Yet it baffles me to realize that people born up to a year after the release of those games would be around the same age now as I was when those games first came out.