What Are You Currently Playing? 6.65: Neighbor of the Beast

Started by Foggle, February 28, 2014, 02:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Got my Switch! I'm updating everything.

If you want to know anything about Zelda, Bomberman, or Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment, let me know!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Mustang

I probably won't get a Switch until August-ish (maybe), but I do want to hear thoughts about Zelda. I haven't listened to Easy Allies yet, but I saw IGN gave it a 10. But I'd rather hear/read genuine thoughts about the game.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Jamie, Juri
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Spark Of Spirit

Sure thing.

The comparisons to the original Legend of Zelda are the most apt. It's really the only game in the series close in style to this one. I thought Wind Waker understood the adventure aspect of the old games better than any of the 3D games, but this game definitely beats it in that area.

I started up the game, woke up in a cave, met the old man, and then went off exploring. That was it. No tutorial sections, no 45 minutes of story sequences, and no hand-holding. I'm still on the plateau, but it doesn't feel very limiting at all. I'm just wandering around finding treasure, beating enemies, gathering food, and doing things at my own pace. The game is also really hard. You can die in a hit or two of you're not careful. Being stealthy, picking off enemies with arrows, and making sure you aren't surrounded is paramount for survival. You have to explore and be aware of your surroundings at all time in order to survive. Because you will die. A lot.

I'm not very far in at all, but so far I'm having a lot of fun. I'm very picky when it comes to 3D Zelda, and this lives up to what I hoped for. As far as I can tell, it deserves the great reception it's getting. This certainly isn't a Skyward Sword situation.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I'm started playing River City Ransom Underground. I haven't gotten anywhere yet but so far is pretty decent. Definitely not too hipster. I would have bought Double Dragon IV (as well?) but it doesn't have online co-op while I think this has freaking up to 4 players online.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daxdiv

I'm mostly just exploring the world in Breath of the Wild. Mostly stocking up on the clubs to fight people. Still a pretty fun game all together, even though I'm probably nowhere near progressing the story.

VLordGTZ

I got my Switch and copy of Breath of the Wild, yesterday.  I haven't made much progress in the game yet especially since it took me a while to find a torch and peppers, so that I could get to the 4th shrine.  Overall though, I'm enjoying the game a lot, and I'm looking forward to playing more of it when I have the time.

Spark Of Spirit

I'd recommend getting a horse as soon as you are able to. It makes traveling more dangerous areas less hazardous to your health.

Also, scan your amiibo. I heard there's a chance at getting some rare gear or classic costumes. I scanned my Toon Link amiibo and got a ton of delicious fish. Still no Wind Waker tunic, though.

Spark Of Spirit

Also, Super Bomberman R is well worth it if you've got the time. I had quite a lot of fun with the story mode, especially with a friend. Bomberman is back!

Really dug the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo, too. Really can't wait to play the full version of that.

Avaitor

I think I have a Core 360, and I'm thinking of selling it off at this point. Between the console and the games, I should break even for my initial purchase. I don't really have as much time to play games as I'd like, anyway.

I'll try the 360 again at some other point, but right now my top priority will be saving up for a Switch and bringing my original X-Box over from home.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Excellent video explaining just one of many great aspects of Nioh's combat system: http://youtu.be/dXea0FNvk3c

Spark Of Spirit

Blaster Master Zero is great. If you've got a Switch or a 3DS you really should pick it up. Inti is back, baby.

VLordGTZ

Good to hear!  I'm planning to pick it up when the pro controller support update comes out next week.  I've made a ton of progress in Breath of the Wild over the past few days.  Currently, I have completed 49 shrines, have 14 hearts, traveled to every tower/region on the map, and got the master sword.  The funny thing is that I STILL haven't even touched the main dungeons.  I love how much freedom this game gives you, and it's easily the most invested I've been in a video game in years.

Spark Of Spirit

I haven't gotten nearly that far. I've mostly just been exploring, experimenting with random food, and going into shrines.

Oh, I also picked up Shock Troopers on the Switch. If you like arcade games, it is one of the best. The non-linear level progression makes replayability endless, too. One of the best games ever put on the Neo Geo. No doubt.

Foggle

I wasn't really sure I'd be too interested in the new Zelda until I watched Dunkey's video about it. Goddamn, this game looks like MGS5 but with way better AI and level/world design. So much hilarious stupid shit you can do that actually works; Nintendo thought of everything. I need it.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody