The Legend of Zelda Series

Started by talonmalon333, May 27, 2011, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

So if you combine the Wii and GC versions together, Twilight Princess is the highest seller. Interesting.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Also it should be mentioned those SS sales are based on only 5 months. When all is said and done it'll probably be rated #4 behind OoT, LoZ, and TP. I would like to have seen the Oracle games for comparison, too.

Anyway, I think this proves that there really isn't any Zelda fatigue. Just people who don't want non-traditional touch screen gameplay judging from the drop off.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

A few more for remakes and spin offs.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Too bad there's no data for the Oracles, or Minish Cap.

IMO this is what they should be doing for the next handheld Zelda (going back to what works). No more touchscreen-only games kthx.

Spark Of Spirit

I would imagine they sold around the same as the LADX and LTTP remakes on their systems. To be honest, all I really want is a classic top down Zelda for the 3DS, a *NLOZ* if you will.

Since we already have an OoT remake and most likely a MM one, we're pretty well covered for the 3D ones.

talonmalon333

If you combine Wii and GC, TP is around OoT's level. But if we're combining, OoT is still #1 including the remake. And that doesn't count all the ports.

As for SS, I doubt it'll go down as one of the top sellers. It sold quickly in the first week, but after the first month, it's sales have basically come to a screeching halt.

Spark Of Spirit

All those games also had budget releases (except the DS ones) which shot sales up a lot for them. It's actually why Super Mario Galaxy is so high on the Mario list since otherwise it was around Galaxy 2's sales which didn't have a budget release. I imagine by the end of its life SS will be at least #4 on the list.

I still think they should try a New Legend Of Zelda style of game if only to see how it does.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 24, 2012, 05:54:54 PMI imagine by the end of its life SS will be at least #4 on the list.

To achieve that, copies of SS would need to be getting sold. The game's been out for only six months, and that's already stopped happening. :happytime:

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 25, 2012, 12:35:33 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 24, 2012, 05:54:54 PMI imagine by the end of its life SS will be at least #4 on the list.

To achieve that, copies of SS would need to be getting sold. The game's been out for only six months, and that's already stopped happening. :happytime:
A budget release alone would already put it over those. The game is still selling right now, just not amazingly.

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 25, 2012, 12:45:50 AM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on May 25, 2012, 12:35:33 AM

A budget release alone would already put it over those. The game is still selling right now, just not amazingly.

That should happen soon enough. More and more I've been (slowly) noticing new additions to the "Nintendo Selects" line. It's taken them a lot longer to get with this than it did for the GameCube, but I blame that on the Wii being a lot more popular. They needed to do everything they could to spur Cube sales; I can still remember the days of the Double Dash pack-in set going for only $99, and the Wii was still light years away at that point.

Prediction: SS, Galaxy 2, DKCR, Wario Land Shake It (can't believe this isn't here already; it's a lot older than most of these, yet it's still going for full price everywhere I see it) and Return to Dreamland should all be included on the budget list within the next year or two. By that point, the Wii U should be ready to go, and I can imagine most of these big box stores will want to clear out the old stuff sooner rather than later (some of the lesser known additions like Epic Mickey are already down to as low as $10, and those aren't even included in the Selects line).

Nel_Annette

Bought Link's Awakening on the 3DS store. First time playing it since 1999, I think.

Blasting through the dungeons. It's funny, there will be parts I had trouble with as a kid that I am doing with no trouble, and other parts I remember breezing by that I can't for the life of me figure out now. XD Heck, some parts I didn't even remember existed.

But yeah, after finally playing ALttP last summer for the first time, and replaying this, I gotta say: I want a new top-down Zelda game in the style of these. The last time I had this much fun with Zelda was Minish Cap.

Oh. And I want the Oracle games in the 3DS store. Right the hell now.  ;D

Kiddington

Minish Cap is really underrated. Seems to almost be a forgotten relic in the Zelda series anymore; hardly hear anyone talk about it (heck, even I forgot to mention it at one point a while ago when we were talking about this). I should get around to playing it again one of these days.

I miss classic handheld Zelda so much, though. I really, really hope they don't go back to the well and give us another touchscreen PH/ST repeat for the next handheld installment (I've made my disdain for those two well known by now, so I'll stop here). They've been going old-school with Mario sidescrollers since 2006, now let's give top-down Zelda some love.

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Kiddington on May 25, 2012, 01:54:15 AM
Minish Cap is really underrated. Seems to almost be a forgotten relic in the Zelda series anymore; hardly hear anyone talk about it (heck, even I forgot to mention it at one point a while ago when we were talking about this). I should get around to playing it again one of these days.

I miss classic handheld Zelda so much, though. I really, really hope they don't go back to the well and give us another touchscreen PH/ST repeat for the next handheld installment (I've made my disdain for those two well known by now, so I'll stop here). They've been going old-school with Mario sidescrollers since 2006, now let's give top-down Zelda some love.

Well, luckily the 3DS seems to focus more on the 3D screen for the main action while the touch screen takes the role of handling all the extra stuff, so I think the chance of a PH/SS style game are slimmer because of that.

talonmalon333

They've said the next handheld will not be stylus controlled, due to the 3D nature of the console.

Nel_Annette

Finished Link's Awakening on the 3DS VC today. What a blast from the past that was. Way easier than when I was a kid, but the ending still guts me. Always tried to play a no-death game just so Marin can live on as a seagull after the island disappears.  :'(