The Legend of Zelda Series

Started by talonmalon333, May 27, 2011, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Anyone here hear about that (obviously fake) Majora's Mask Wii U trailer?

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, I didn't buy it before it was even confirmed as fake. Nintendo already confirmed a new 3DS Zelda was coming before any more remakes.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Here it is, Foggle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyazYYev7Nw

As stated before, it must be fake. As for my personal opinions on if they made a game like it, I'm mixed. On one hand, it resembles the MM artwork more. But on the other, it's a little over the top.

Foggle

Very cool video, even if it is fake! :)

talonmalon333

Here's something that ya'll should know.

The Legend of Zelda: Battle Quest, one of the games in NintendoLand, can be played with either WMP or the GamePad. Take that however you like.

gunswordfist

Last night was the 2nd day of my first playthrough of Ocarina Of Time. I fought and then after a few tries, killed the first boss, that spider thing or whatever it is. Then I did a bunch of traveling around on the map, went to the ranch, got the shield I can't use yet, went into every place I could find in Hyrule Village and got all the way up to the guarded gate that blocks the path to the castle. Tonight I will get past that part.

I don't think I've ever seen any cutscenes in this game before. I've never played it before, I've just seen my old friend play a few parts, namely the end. So I was like "Oh purdy" during the Ganon and then the 3 Goddesses cutscenes.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

For the third day yesterday in the afternoon and then again late at night to early this morning, I looked around the K something village, found all the chickens except one, tried to go to the grave guy at the right time but got annoyed since I kept on coming back at the wrong times, killed a ghost, found all the places I could in the village and then left to try to finally get into the castle. I figured out I could climb up the vine by the little girl, hatched the egg she gave me and tried evaded some guards then I went to sleep. Will try again later.

Nel_Annette

This reminds me that i still need to beat it. I've loved playing through this muuuuch farther than I ever did as a kid, but I stopped my 3DS playthrough about halfway through Ganon's Castle.

talonmalon333

Here's an interview about Zelda's future. Non-bolded parts are Miyamoto.

We know there?s a new Mario game coming for the Wii U, New Super Mario Bros. U. Last year when the Wii U was first introduced, a standalone Zelda battle scene was created to showcase the system?s high-definition graphics. What about the Wii U intrigues you for what you could do in a Zelda game?
Obviously we stared that experiment last year and used that to sort of showcase some of the HD visuals. And obviously when you look at that, you do get a positive reaction to how simply having the HD visuals in a Zelda game can really make the game look wonderful and give it sort of a high-quality feel. But one thing that?s interesting is we?re seeing how the way that tastes are broadening in video games and you have some people who prefer more casual experiences, and you have some people who prefer sort of those more in-depth experiences. Obviously, as a company that?s been making games for a very long time, we tend to be more on the deeper, longer game side of things. But really what we continue to ask ourselves as we have over the years is, ?What is the most important element of Zelda if we were to try to make a Zelda game that a lot of people can play?? So we have a number of different experiments going on, and [when] we decide that we?ve found the right one of those to really help bring Zelda to a very big audience, then we?ll be happy to announce it.
So you?re sort of in the R&D stage?
Yeah. With the last game, Skyward Sword, that was a game where you had motion control to use your weapons and a lot of different items, and I thought that was a lot of fun, but there were some people who weren?t able to do that or didn?t like it as much and stopped playing partway through it. So we?re in the phase where we?re looking back at what?s worked very well and what has been missing and how can we evolve it further.
I do think of some other Zelda games where you?d play a song or something and a screen would come up and you?d have to match a certain pattern within the song to advance in the game. It seems like the touchscreen on the GamePad does sort of offer interesting ways of incorporating that element of the Zelda experience into a Wii U game.
Maybe I?ll take that idea. [Laughs]

Honestly... I'm a bit worried.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Spark Of Spirit

As long as 3Ds gets a traditional Zelda, I don't really care where the console ones go.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 07, 2012, 08:40:21 PM
Why?
Indeed. I'm particularly fond of this bit:

Quote from: talonmalon333 on June 07, 2012, 08:32:21 PM
Yeah. With the last game, Skyward Sword, that was a game where you had motion control to use your weapons and a lot of different items, and I thought that was a lot of fun, but there were some people who weren't able to do that or didn't like it as much and stopped playing partway through it. So we're in the phase where we're looking back at what's worked very well and what has been missing and how can we evolve it further.
I see no reason to be worried at all.

gunswordfist

Played Ocarina Of Time on Friday. Got nowhere. Embarassing.

talonmalon333

By the way, did you guys hear those claims that SS was the "longest Zelda in development" or "SS took 4-5 years to make"?

Just so you know, I'm almost positive that's BS. Based on what I've heard recently, the game truly took... a year and a half, maybe two, to make. It makes sense, really, if you think back to it's E3 2010 presentation. The game was clearly in it's early stages back then, and the art style was so untidy.

So yeah, SS is the biggest sham in the series. :P