The Legend of Zelda Series

Started by talonmalon333, May 27, 2011, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

For some reason, Saria's Song makes me think about Tomba.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Hmm...

Don't remake Link to the Past, Nintendo! Make sequels to it! :SHOCK:

talonmalon333

The quote itself is a bit strange. It talks as if Zelda 3DS hasn't been in development for a year now, despite the fact that past quotes say it has been.

Also, not sure why Nintendo has an issue choosing between the two. Grezzo would handle MM3D, and Nintendo could do whatever they want.

Spark Of Spirit

Oh man, I hope not. I don't want a repeat of Mario on the GBA. Only remakes.

Give me my classic top-down Zelda game!  :'(
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 13, 2012, 09:14:08 PM
Oh man, I hope not. I don't want a repeat of Mario on the GBA. Only remakes.

Give me my classic top-down Zelda game!  :'(

I infinitely agree with new games over remakes. At the same time though, Nintendo could do the top-down game, and Grezzo could do the remake.

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Foggle on June 13, 2012, 12:05:33 PM
Hmm...

Don't remake Link to the Past, Nintendo! Make sequels to it! :SHOCK:

Indeed. I want to see that Link make it out of his "lost at sea" situation. Same Link, different shit. I like ALttP, but it was already remade for GBA and is on the VC.

gunswordfist

There's a remake?

On Ocarina Of Time, I played up to early this morning. I got to Dodongo (sp?) Cavern about two days ago and finally got the Bomb Bag finally and up to the part where you get the platform to rise to the 2nd floor.

talonmalon333

Nel_Annette

Spark Of Spirit

I have it, played up to Jabu Jabu's belly before I put it down.

I hate that dungeon.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

On Ocarina Of Time today I:
-Figured out how to get past that gate in the Royal family Tomb and then went on to get the Sun Song or whatever it's called
-Got the bigger bomb bag from that hot rolling creature. Took my last bomb to get that right.
-Got that Golden Skullula (sp) in the rock filled place in Goron (sp?) City and one behind the mountain walls.
-Got some magic beans from the guy by that stream.
-Found a cow
-And I got nowhere in Dondongo's Cavern due to me not feeling like coming back from the stream. Will plant the three magic beans I brought tomorrow.

talonmalon333

So IGN has started a sort of pole to help Nintendo decide on their next handheld Zelda. The three choices are...

-MM Remake
-ALttP Remake
-ALttP Sequel

Ladies and gentleman, we've finally reached the point where people would rather have a remake than a brand new game. And by that, I mean "a lot more people".

(The remake that's being favored is MM, by the way.)

Rynnec

I'd take all three of those over PH and ST, but yeesh.

Spark Of Spirit

Why do people want a remake over a new game?

We already know we're getting a remake eventually, and we just had one- how about something new?

... And wouldn't it be a Link's Awakening sequel?

talonmalon333

ST is probably one of the worst gaming experiences I've ever had. Oh, and it had the worst control scheme ever. ... I actually liked it though...

As for people preferring a remake, I'll be in the Animation Revelation Crying Corner if anyone else wants to join me.

:cry: