The Legend of Zelda Series

Started by talonmalon333, May 27, 2011, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nel_Annette

Man oh man that shit's drool worthy. I'd love it more if they went with that.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Nel_Annette on February 16, 2013, 05:37:01 PM
Man oh man that shit's drool worthy. I'd love it more if they went with that.

Not only that, but it'd also be much easier to do than having to make entirely new graphics like they are now. Then they could spend that extra time creating new content. ;D

Foggle

My PC gets like 10 FPS in Dolphin for most games I've tried, and that's with the normal GameCube-level graphics.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on February 16, 2013, 06:13:56 PM
My PC gets like 10 FPS in Dolphin for most games I've tried, and that's with the normal GameCube-level graphics.

Can you translate that for the non-tech savy folk? :sweat:

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 16, 2013, 06:22:52 PM
GameCube games, even before getting buffed up with those beautiful graphic enhancements, run like PowerPoint presentations on my computer.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on February 16, 2013, 06:26:24 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 16, 2013, 06:22:52 PM
GameCube games, even before getting buffed up with those beautiful graphic enhancements, run like PowerPoint presentations on my computer.

Don't you have a solid computer?

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 16, 2013, 07:12:34 PM
GameCube emulation is still kind of bad for non-high end computers, at least in my experience.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on February 16, 2013, 07:32:38 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 16, 2013, 07:12:34 PM
GameCube emulation is still kind of bad for non-high end computers, at least in my experience.

What's the best your PC can run?

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 17, 2013, 12:04:15 AM
What's the best your PC can run?
I'm not sure. I get really good performance in both The Witcher 2 and Crysis on high settings though. DirectX 10 and 11 rendering overheats my video card 50% of the time, but I could play games on DX10/11 if I had better airflow. My case is kind of terrible.

Basically, it's good enough to make most games look great and play well (except for PlanetSide 2, that's barely playable on minimum settings for me), but not a super amazing beast machine, either. As long as the GPU doesn't burn up, it'll probably last me another 3-5 years without upgrading.

talonmalon333

I think I've decided why I'm not the biggest fan of the Ocarina of Time 3DS remake. It's not the graphics that are the problem. It's the shadows. And that might seem like a little thing. But to me, it just kills the mood at parts. Look at these three image comparisons in this spoiler tag. They are all scenes that I think worked so much better with shadows.

Spoiler

[close]

The last one in particular just isn't the same in the remake. I blame the Nintendo 3DS, being that they had to utilize the 3D effect (which isn't even that good or worth it anyway), and thus likely had to tone down the shadow effect. Just another reason why I think they shouldn't have even created the 3D effect.

But anyway this, among a few other things, is why I kind of prefer just sticking with the original.

Spark Of Spirit

Sorry, but sub-30fps will always make it the inferior version to me.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I still haven't played the 3DS remake of the game, but Ocarina of Time is still my 2nd favorite game of all time.

Foggle

Yeah, the lack of shadows is pretty jarring, especially when looking at the games side by side like that.

I also think the GameCube version of Wind Waker looks better than the new one (at the moment) because the HD version's bloom is awful and the character outlines look worse.

RacattackForce

Quote from: Foggle on April 08, 2013, 05:25:31 PM
Yeah, the lack of shadows is pretty jarring, especially when looking at the games side by side like that.

I also think the GameCube version of Wind Waker looks better than the new one (at the moment) because the HD version's bloom is awful and the character outlines look worse.
To be fair, we haven't seen the thing in motion yet. Though I do question the art style change a bit. I have no problem with them looking more like dolls, but it's an interesting change.

Nel_Annette

I restarted Skyward Sword about three days ago. The last time I played it, according to the file, was December 2011. Mother of god.