The Legend of Zelda Series

Started by talonmalon333, May 27, 2011, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

They even used the LTTP style Link. I haven't been this pumped for a Zelda game since Wind Waker.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Link has never looked more feminine!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on April 17, 2013, 02:03:37 PM
You won't goad me into posting that filth.  :unimpressed:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 17, 2013, 02:18:55 PM
Quote from: Foggle on April 17, 2013, 02:03:37 PM
You won't goad me into posting that filth.  :unimpressed:
:lol: No, but seriously, it looks great! I'm excited.

talonmalon333

The graphics look a bit weird, but I'm glad they are making a new top down Zelda. Overall, looking good.

Nel_Annette

There's a part of me that wants this to take place after he went to Holodrum, Labrynna and Koholint Island. You know, like he finally returns to Hyrule and finds there's trouble that's been going on while he's been gone.

Plus, we need closure on that Link's Awakening ending. Did the Windfish help him get back or just leave him stranded in the ocean?

Peanutbutter

Found out on FAN and rushed over here because I knew a certain someone would be excited!  8) I love the 3D Zeldas, but come on! It's Link to the fricken Past!  :worship:

There is simply no image or gif that could possibly be appropriate enough for this. This is awesome beyond words. This, as well as the Ducktales remake, this is an awesome year for classic games.

Spark Of Spirit

A Link To The Past
Oracle Of Seasons/Ages
Link's Awakening

That's the official order which makes me think that Link's Awakening was him coming back from Holodrum/Labrynna (whichever one you played first) and getting shipwrecked. I would assume this new game is him either finally getting back home or just before he sets out for Holodrum/Labrynna. Putting it after Link's Awakening would tie off the era quite nicely.

I wouldn't mind a callback to Zelda II to make it about preventing Ganon's resurrection or a bridge to how the world ended up like Zelda I. Either way, this is my favorite Link timeline so whatever they do is fine to me.

Spark Of Spirit

Looking back through the thread, this seems like the game the majority of us were hoping for since Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword came out. Here's hoping EAD can handle it since the last traditional 2D Zelda they made was Link's Awakening.

Also here's my favorite old post:

Quote from: talonmalon333 on July 10, 2012, 11:47:58 AM
So what are everyone's current opinions about Skyward Sword? Am I still the only one who likes it? .3.
lol.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 17, 2013, 07:15:21 PM

So what are everyone's current opinions about Skyward Sword? Am I still the only one who likes it? .3.
lol.

:D I still retain the belief that it was a good game, but a bad Zelda game.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Nel_Annette on April 17, 2013, 06:22:10 PM
There's a part of me that wants this to take place after he went to Holodrum, Labrynna and Koholint Island. You know, like he finally returns to Hyrule and finds there's trouble that's been going on while he's been gone.

Plus, we need closure on that Link's Awakening ending. Did the Windfish help him get back or just leave him stranded in the ocean?

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 17, 2013, 06:37:06 PM
A Link To The Past
Oracle Of Seasons/Ages
Link's Awakening

That's the official order which makes me think that Link's Awakening was him coming back from Holodrum/Labrynna (whichever one you played first) and getting shipwrecked. I would assume this new game is him either finally getting back home or just before he sets out for Holodrum/Labrynna. Putting it after Link's Awakening would tie off the era quite nicely.

I wouldn't mind a callback to Zelda II to make it about preventing Ganon's resurrection or a bridge to how the world ended up like Zelda I. Either way, this is my favorite Link timeline so whatever they do is fine to me.

Might also be a prequel to ALttP. The Link in this game looks younger than the ALttP one, so he could either be younger, or a different Link altogether. Guess we'll see... They might even put it in one of the other continuities separate from ALttP. After all, Four Swords Adventures was also very similar to ALttP, but was in a different timeline. I wouldn't be surprised if they never plan on touching that timeline with the classic games.

... Or maybe in a massive "screw the timeline" moment, Nintendo will retcon the 2D games onto one of the other timelines, and will use this game to bridge the gap. :awesome:

Spark Of Spirit

Oh apparently there's a 2 in the official title, so I doubt it's a prequel.

Bill Trinen says:

Quote"There is a '2' in the Japanese title. So, yeah, I think as I described today, it's an all-new game, it is an all-new story. From a story perspective there are connections, so it does fall after A Link to the Past. And it's set in the same world, but introduces that new gameplay mechanic. So, yeah, I guess by that definition ..."

Edit:

Also-

Spark Of Spirit

13 Minute gameplay demo

The bottom screen is a map and quick select for items. Classic Zelda is back!  8)

talonmalon333

Quote from: talonmalon333 on April 17, 2013, 07:22:26 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 17, 2013, 07:15:21 PM

lol.

:D I still retain the belief that it was a good game, but a bad Zelda game.

I know I seem to be in a bumping mood today, but I do think this was a legit point. Does everyone here who played Skyward Sword still dislike it at this point? I just don't think it comes anywhere near being bad.