The Legend of Zelda Series

Started by talonmalon333, May 27, 2011, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

He might as well use that 3DS of his and what better way than one of the best Zelda games?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

No more yelling "spoilers" at me for Twilight Princess anymore then. You've had almost eight years.  :unimpressed:

talonmalon333

Spark Of Spirit

It turns into Grim Waker by the halfway point when Link becomes Toon Link in grey garb with an eye-patch and grey hair because the writer lost his mind.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Nel_Annette on February 11, 2014, 10:22:07 PM
No more yelling "spoilers" at me for Twilight Princess anymore then. You've had almost eight years.  :unimpressed:
I know the whole plot of the game already anyway. ;)

Nel_Annette

Was that recent? because I remember everyone telling me to shut up when I talked about it like two years ago because some pople here hadn't played it yet.  :lol:

Foggle

Quote from: Nel_Annette on February 12, 2014, 02:18:47 AM
Was that recent? because I remember everyone telling me to shut up when I talked about it like two years ago because some pople here hadn't played it yet.  :lol:
About half a year ago if I recall. :D

Avaitor

Whie we're at it, I actually pawned off my copy of Skyward Sword. I never saw myself finishing it, so I might as well get something else instead.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

You know there's something wrong with the game when someone feels willing to sell their copy of a Zelda game.

Nel_Annette

I will never make it past the first dungeon in that awful game. But hey, at least I got a gold Wiimote out of it.

talonmalon333

I managed to get through that entire game. I think I deserve a medal of some sort.

Avaitor

Quote from: Nel_Annette on February 12, 2014, 01:28:37 PM
I will never make it past the first dungeon in that awful game. But hey, at least I got a gold Wiimote out of it.
Oh yeah, I refused to trade in the Wiimote. I'm still using it in fact!

But I let the game and CD go, yet not before I put the CD on my iTunes.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

The CD is great, probably the best part of purchasing that game. Did anyone here go to any of the Symphony of the Goddess concerts?

EDIT:

By the way, Foggle. Here's the battle of the disappointments.

Skyward Sword > Resident Evil 5

talonmalon333

What do you guys think of the stories in the Zelda games, just Zelda stories as a whole.

I hear a lot of people say they are underdeveloped. Maybe some of them are, to an extent. But I also hear many people talk about how Zelda stories are "leagues behind" the storytelling of many games nowadays. I also once heard someone seriously claim "nearly all games tell better stories than even the best Zelda stories".

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Those sound like your typical snobby Mass Effect or GTA fans to me, and some of those claims are idiotic. As for being underdeveloped, it depends on what you mean. In terms of character development and things of that nature, yeah, Zelda games aren't very strong with those since they choose not to focus on them. That said, if you are actively exploring the world and doing side-quests and talking to people, you'll see that most Zelda games are packed with a rich and interesting mythos that is so extensively developed it puts most fantasy games to shame.

And seriously, do you guys realize how much symbolism and nuance is crammed into Majora's Mask's story past the base story-line (which would probably go over the heads of those that were in the bunch to claim that most video game stories are better)? I daresay it's one of the deepest tales ever told in a Nintendo game. You also do get to learn a lot about characters through both their personality and occasionally subtle hints about their back-story.

Now, going by the conventions of story-telling in movies and novels, no, it's not the most intricate story-telling. However, it is very unique compared to those mediums because it's NOT either of those things, and Nintendo clearly realizes that. It's a video game, first and foremost, and thus tells a story in a way that only this medium can be utilized to do. That's how a video game story SHOULD be, I'm fucking tired of every game that's trying to be an interactive movie being praised as good story-telling when all it's doing is shitting all over the unique-ness of this medium and just trying to be something else entirely. It drives me up the wall when so many people fall for that bull-shit.