The Legend of Zelda Series

Started by talonmalon333, May 27, 2011, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Foggle is secretly waiting for you to get back to playing Ninja Gaiden, yourself. His delay of starting TP while you wait to hear his thoughts on it are to teach you a lesson. :>

Foggle

talonmalon333

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on June 28, 2015, 05:11:20 PM
Foggle is secretly waiting for you to get back to playing Ninja Gaiden, yourself. His delay of starting TP while you wait to hear his thoughts on it are to teach you a lesson. :>

Interesting because I've been waiting on you to finally play Twilight Princess before continuing Ninja Gaiden. We've got a long line of people waiting to play games here and we're all depending on you. :sly:

Spoiler
Also, just a few days ago I got a new cord to replace the broken one I had for my PS3, so I can finally play games on it again. I'll be getting back to Ninja Gaiden soon.
[close]

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, I could probably find a Nintendo Wii for dirt cheap these days, and while people prefer the GC version of TP, for some reason it usually shows up more expensive online, so I may just cave in and get the Wii version since I've seen that available for cheap at various retail bargain sections for older games.

talonmalon333

There are a lot of GameCube and Wii games that are worth playing, so a Wii would be a great purchase once you're ready! Especially now that it's cheap. As for Twilight Princess, the Wii version is much more common. It was a very early Wii game so the motion controls aren't as polished as they would be if the game were made a few years later. But it's a very minor setback, so I'd recommend just going for it, especially if you're not ready to purchase a GameCube controller and memory card.

Foggle

I only shelled out for the GameCube version because I'd recently gotten some money for my birthday, and it was a copy that didn't cost too much more than the Wii port. I hate motion controls, but under normal circumstances I probably would have just lived with them and gone for the cheaper edition.

Also, even if you're planning on getting a Wii U, an original Wii is necessary if you want to be able to play GameCube games in HD. :)

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on June 28, 2015, 06:59:13 PM
Also, even if you're planning on getting a Wii U, an original Wii is necessary if you want to be able to play GameCube games in HD. :)

Why?

Foggle

The Wii U can run GameCube games natively, but it can't read the discs. You need to use an original Wii to rip your games so they can be played on the U via an SD card.

Spark Of Spirit

Discussion: How would a remake improve Twilight Princess?

Personally, I would cut down on the opening of the game and add things to do and find in the overworld. Those were my biggest gripes with the game. The dungeons were excellent, so I have no complaints there.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

After four months, I was just able to get a new GameCube controller last week, so now I can finally play Twilight Princess. :lol: Maybe I'll have some thoughts on this topic once I've beaten it!

talonmalon333

Can you still purchase GameCube controllers at a decent price?

I wouldn't necessarily cut out the stuff in the opening, but maybe would at least make most of it optional.

Hopefully this remake does not happen.

Spark Of Spirit

I personally hope it does. A truncated prologue and a map with something to do would be tenfold improvement over the original game. Especially if they allowed you opportunities to use the items you find in the dungeons outside of the dungeons this time.

Unlike Wind Waker, there is a lot to address here.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: talonmalon333 on October 13, 2015, 03:02:24 PM
Can you still purchase GameCube controllers at a decent price?
Not really. Buying one isn't going to break the bank or anything, but you're looking at somewhere around $40. They still make new GameCube controllers in Japan (they're special white ones to go with the Wii!), and they work with American consoles, so I imported one of those. It was actually the same price as good condition used domestic ones on ebay!

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 13, 2015, 03:09:23 PM
Unlike Wind Waker, there is a lot to address here.
I dunno, a remake that included the originally cut dungeons instead of the Triforce Hunt would be pretty sweet.

Spark Of Spirit

The cut dungeons are in Twilight Princess, so it wouldn't have made much sense to add them.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on October 13, 2015, 01:28:09 PM
After four months, I was just able to get a new GameCube controller last week, so now I can finally play Twilight Princess. :lol: Maybe I'll have some thoughts on this topic once I've beaten it!
It's been so long that I almost forgot about this! :D

And 40 bucks is breaking the bank. A new 360 controller cost only ten dollars more than that in 2008.  :whuh:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody