Justice League

Started by Avaitor, September 24, 2012, 11:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Just watched another JLU episode. It was the one about GL, Hawkman and Hawkgirl. I've been waiting to see it again ever since I saw Hawkman Carter's first episode...and 4Kids or whatever they are called now fucks it up by deleting the John/Shayera found dead scene. Ugh I need to get the DVDs. Still enjoyed what I saw though.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Grave

Just finished up season 2 of Justice League. Definitely a lot better than season 1 (I still like season 1 though). At first I was saying that Hereafter (?) and Divide and Conquer (can't remember if that's the name of the episode) were my favorites, that was until I saw Wild Cards and Starcrossed (Can't believe I never seen Starcrossed). I also like the episode with Fate, but those two episodes really stood out for me.

I haven't seen or rather, don't remember much of JLU so I'm looking forward to that.

gunswordfist

I watched Disc 2 of Justice League Season 1 with my baby bro yesterday. (still waiting for disc one from my library) It was the Injustice For All, Paradise Lost and War World episodes. IFL was clearly the best here. The Joker's first Justice League appearance and Batman unraveling the Injustice League while being their hostage in titanium restraints was what really stood out. I found it interesting that The Joker could sneak up on Batman. He really does know him well.

Paradise Lost shows how dull Wonder Woman is. It had the scene where a pole almost falls on her while she's standing still daydreaming. It's like they tried to make her a blank slate. Her ride to Themyscria (sp???????????) made it worst. She sounded like a 10 year old when she was talking about what she was going to say to her mommy. That line about hiding in her room for 8 months was just...ugh...But these episodes were decent. We got to see how strong WW is thanks to her fight with Superman. And when most of the Justice League (where the hell were GL and Hawkgirl?) came to her island, it was great.

War World is so fucking corny. It's like they were completely unaware about how cheesy it came off. Martian Manhunter's lines "He's more than that, he's a Superman!" and him cheering Superman were the worst. What little good that came out of this episode was this being first time GL was alone with Shayera. Their arguments were funny.

I plan on getting ever JL/JLU episode from the library.

talonmalon333

Wonder Woman is my least favorite member of the Justice League, but she's still great.

Avaitor

I like Wonder Woman best when she acts like an actual woman and not like a warrior.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

In Justice League she acts like a 10 year old who just got to go outside for the first time so there's that.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on May 24, 2013, 12:18:29 PM
I like Wonder Woman best when she acts like an actual woman and not like a warrior.
Do tell.

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on May 24, 2013, 01:13:16 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on May 24, 2013, 12:18:29 PM
Do tell.
"Maid of Honor" is the most interesting solo episode she had, if only because it's one of the few times she's allowed to actually have a personality beyond stern.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Grave

I actually like Wonder Woman. Hawkgirl is the one that had to grow onto me. I kinda found her to be on the annoying side, especially in the episode with Fate, but at the same time she really grew onto me in part 2.

Speaking of annoying, I wanted to knock on the episode when the Justice League were turned into kids so bad, but I couldn't because it had its quirks that made me chuckle a bit. This Little Piggy on the other hand was an annoying one for me though. The first episode I'd say that actually don't like.

Silverstar

Quote from: Grave on May 24, 2013, 02:27:17 PM
I actually like Wonder Woman. Hawkgirl is the one that had to grow onto me.

This. Plus I wasn't a huge fan of the GL/Hawkgirl romance, but then I'm not a shipper. I think I'd have rather the writers had brought in both Hawkman and Hawkgirl(woman) as an already married couple like in Young Justice, so there'd be no drama or "will they/won't they?" business. I generally prefer my fictional romances low-key and drama-free.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Silverstar on May 24, 2013, 02:44:35 PM
Quote from: Grave on May 24, 2013, 02:27:17 PM
I actually like Wonder Woman. Hawkgirl is the one that had to grow onto me.

This. Plus I wasn't a huge fan of the GL/Hawkgirl romance, but then I'm not a shipper. I think I'd have rather the writers had brought in both Hawkman and Hawkgirl(woman) as an already married couple like in Young Justice, so there'd be no drama or "will they/won't they?" business. I generally prefer my fictional romances low-key and drama-free.
GL/Hawkgirl is the exction for me. I loved that last Hawkman episode. An annoying romance to me would be Korra/Mako.

And hmmm, I didn't know YJ had a Hawkgirl (I'm WAY behind on that show)

The Shadow Gentleman

Wonder Woman is one of my least favorite major comic characters, but that's just because I haven't seen/read a whole lot of her. So I may change my mind. But I am in agreement with Avaitor.

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 24, 2013, 03:29:46 PM
An annoying romance to me would be Korra/Mako.
That was a romance?

Spark Of Spirit

I enjoyed basically every character in Justice League, but Wonder Woman is one character that got better as the show went on.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

I sure hope she does.

I can't wait until the way Superman's face looks gets better. The intial design is painful for me to look at.

talonmalon333

Batman > Superman > Hawkgirl > Green Laturn = Flash > John Jones > Wonder Woman

All are great, though.