Nickelodeon's Live Action

Started by Commode, January 16, 2011, 01:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

I also don't get this dislike for the new Figure It Out. It still feels like the same show to me. But then again, I just subscribe to the theory that people probably don't like the current batch of Nick starlets or some lame shit like that. Though I do kind of like this new host a little bit more than Summer. From the few episodes I saw, I actually liked how Jeff actually chased after either a panelist and a kid just so they can get slimed when they dodged the slime. I laughed when he was like "OH NO YOU DON'T!"

Avaitor

You know what show I just remembered? Romeo.

God that one sucked. Most of the live-action Nick shows from the early aughts did, but that's one of the ones that seemed to stick regardless. I think it was still on when the better ones like Drake & Josh and Ned started, too, although they changed it around a lot. I think it went from a live-studio audience show to a laugh track to mute.

I bring this up because I just found out that his little sister is the star of Nick's show How to Rock, and he's going to appear in an episode soon. See, nepotism in Hollywood is real.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Avaitor

Wow, apparently Victorious was ending. I was not expecting that, and apparently neither was Dan Schneider, since Nick just didn't renew it beyond this season.

You probably already know that iCarly's ending too, and so is Big Time Rush. It looks like Nick is cleaning house.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

*notices that they're making a Sam and Cat spin-off, as well as one for Gibby*

Not really.

Avaitor

Well I mean they're cutting out the older stuff to try new things. Their newer shows could also end at any moment, since they're nowhere are popular as these 3.

And it looks like I'm wrong- they have 15 episodes of Victorious left to shoot. Schneider just said that there wasn't going to be a season 4, which I thought meant it was over, since I though it was already on season 3.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Nick probably does need to clean house. They're sinking fast.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Oh, I was wrong, Big Time Rush was renewed. I find that weird, since Victorious seems to do a lot better, but I guess it's staying around because their music does very well and Nick wants to hold onto them for a little while longer.

That or they're compensating to make up for the One Direction show they tried to make but didn't happen.

New blog!

Rynnec

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 15, 2012, 05:14:50 PM

What they should do is air DBZKai/GT and Hero Factory on regular Nick, give more airings to Power Rangers, air TMNT2k3 in preparation for the new Ninja Turtles cartoon, aquire more action shows (Fairy Tail would've been a good pick, and airing the original Dragonball is a no-brainer), make more Nicktoons, and put Korra premieres on Prime-time.

Kiddington

Quote from: Rynnec on August 19, 2012, 04:04:48 PM

What they should do is air DBZKai/GT and Hero Factory on regular Nick, give more airings to Power Rangers, air TMNT2k3 in preparation for the new Ninja Turtles cartoon, aquire more action shows (Fairy Tail would've been a good pick, and airing the original Dragonball is a no-brainer), make more Nicktoons, and put Korra premieres on Prime-time.

The whole point of them revamping the Nicktoons channel some odd years ago (from endless 90's reruns to original "boy" centric programming) was their excuse to NOT do those things with the regular channel, though.

Ratings be damned, they've made it quite clear what they want Nick standard to be; 70% Dan Schneider (I mean really, a fucking Gibby series?), 29% SpongeBob, 1% other. Basically, a tween station driven by the same 2-3 creative influences. If that's their attitude, then let 'em enjoy 3rd place I say.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on August 19, 2012, 04:04:48 PM

Yeah, like Kiddington said they already showed they don't have any interest in doing anything to improve ratings.

It might be because they've been relying on the same things for over a decade now that they forgot how they even got where they were. They need to remember what they did when they started the channel and do something like that with brand new shows.

It's sad that YTV up here has basically turned itself into a Canadian Nick, guaranteed whenever I flip by it the same exact shows Nick milks incessantly are also on there.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

With more action shows on the main channel, I really don't see that happening. Action shows just do not do as well as comedy series, on Nick, CN or anywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if Phineas & Ferb and Suite Life repeats do better on Disney XD than the Marvel shows.

The Avatar franchise is an obvious exception to the rule, though. They definitely should do more with LOK than relegate it to Saturday morning premieres. Air premieres on a more presentable hour and try to find some time for repeats.

New blog!

Avaitor

In other, random news, Ned is returning to regular Nick now. Maybe they saw my list?

New blog!

Kiddington

Dr. Insomniac

Eh, after rewatching a bit of the show, it's only good for some nostalgia value and a cheap laugh.

Avaitor

Don't even bother, they're half-assed "Best ofs" taken from Nick's iTunes sets.

Poor substitutes for the Canadian releases.

New blog!