Recent posts

Vidja Games / Re: What Are You Currently Pla...
Last post by Mustang - Today at 02:57:56 PM
Rise of the Ronin
So I played a little bit of it and checked out Kagerasimaru (one of XLH Gladiators buddies) play it. Yes the disappointment is definitely there. This SHOULD NOT be exclusive to the PS5. I have no problems with open world, but this angle, nah, this is very lazy and Team Ninja is better than that or are they? Whatever on that though. Yes I'm disappointed, but not to the degree of when I was disappointed with Mass Effect Andromeda. More to the degree of GranBlue Fantasy Relink. Meaning, it's getting dropped for something of more importance. What that is I have no idea yet lol. Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth won't get touched until the 3rd installment comes out (I want to experience all of it at once) I have a lot of in betweeners to fill in that space until the next Trails game and Metaphor, BUTTT those probably won't get touched until next year. July-August I'll probably dive into Zelda and take those to whenever I'm finished and ready to move on.

I've been having an itch to jump back into Ultra Street Fighter 4. Nobody challenging me or anything, just got that urge to learn a new character. Decapre to be specific. I think people jumped the gun too early on Elena being the best. She's definitely annoying to deal with, but from what I'm seeing and what I can remember of top Decapre players back then, she was a problem. I think she has the tools to deal with Elena. I also think Yun, Ibuki, and Viper can deal with her as well especially if your fundamentals is good. If Justin Wong played Elena on the other hand, good luck lol

Twitch streamers / youtube
I think I'm done chiming let alone reading the comment sections of the media side of things. Kinda Funny, IGN, MinnMax, etc. I knew better yet I decide to get outta my shell and try it out for once. Yeah, bad move on my end lol. Trying to talk rational or just to the panel itself, good luck cause these comment sections just have 1 tracked minds. That being said, Chilled, Ze (only on Youtube), Dooley Noted I still engage with. These V-Tubers are wild. I have no intentions to ever go to their streams or Youtube, but holy hell, when they are invited for Among Us, Town of Salem, Jackbox, etc, all hell breaks loose. If Chilled is a 10 on a crazy scale, V-Tubers are even more insane than him and I'M HERE FOR IT! lol. They ok to talk to within the game, but that's where you start and stop lol. Once you try to talk outside the group you on your own lol.

I did see Assassin's Creed Shadows. I'm for it but wow, the noise lol. I'm gonna leave clickbait-y ass articles alone too.
The Telly / Re: Game of Thrones
Last post by Dr. Insomniac - Today at 12:36:30 AM
Not gonna lie, it is interesting watching these two, who normally talk about TV aimed at adults or at least general audiences, try to make sense of a show aimed at children. Especially Preston since he never grew up watching the anime and only really knows the games so he's asking questions like "Why is Brock always hitting on all the nurses but not Misty?" or "What was Mewtwo's problem? Why does he turn evil after only seconds of consciousness?"
Last post by Dr. Ensatsu-ken - May 16, 2024, 03:05:01 PM
Talking about the important shit here.
Last post by Dr. Insomniac - May 15, 2024, 03:44:59 AM
After all these years, it's time.

Spoiler
We're finally getting payoff for Carmine and Preston having Pokemon avatars.
[close]
Cartoon Network / Re: Steven Universe
Last post by Dr. Insomniac - May 14, 2024, 02:09:25 AM
Yeah, I get why the Beach City episodes need to exist in order to help fill in the human half of Steven's background, and the show requires that if it wants to make the Gem side have any contrasting pathos. But personally, it seldom worked in execution. They often compared poorly to other slice-of-life cartoons; the show's humor never particularly landed for me, and any human drama in them felt shallow compared to the A-plot. Reminds me of Degrassi where the infamous "Drake gets shot" school shooting episode happened, and the B-plot in that is just two of the adult characters buying a house. Why am I supposed to give a shit about real estate when kids are dying in the other plot? And why am I supposed to give a shit about Mayor Dewey's election campaign or Steven's enmity with Kevin late in the show? Yeah, there's worldbuilding and needing a breather, but there's also priorities. And the Beach City episodes never successfully connected with the bigger picture emotionally. It's fine that they never felt big, but they never felt personal either. And that's where they really fail for me.
Cartoon Network / Re: Steven Universe
Last post by Avaitor - May 13, 2024, 11:16:40 AM
I like the Beach City episodes when they're a little sillier, but the only characters who feel particularly developed are Sadie and Lars, plus Connie and Greg if you stretch to count them. I understand that they're there to keep Steven grounded, but they don't really land, even with hindsight. Maybe especially with hindsight.
Moving Pictures / Re: Horror
Last post by Avaitor - May 13, 2024, 11:12:22 AM
The only negative words I've heard about Corman come from Paul Schrader, a legendary hater who probably delivered a shitty script and has negative rizz. That tells you the quality of Corman's character.
Vidja Games / Re: Hi-Fi Rush
Last post by Dr. Ensatsu-ken - May 12, 2024, 01:56:59 PM
It's both sad and genuinely hilarious that the Microsoft execs in charge of the XBOX division are so tone-deaf that literally right after closing out studios like Tango they say they are looking for teams to develop lower-budget games that innovate and bring them awards and prestige....which is exactly what the fuck Hi-Fi Rush was.

Here's the thing, I'm actually not that surprised that this happened. Contrary to popular belief, big corporations these days are often run by incompetent "Yes" men and women that will say one thing for PR purposes and completely contradict that as soon as it means that they won't have the numbers they desire for investors (just see any Phil Spencer interview from the past few years that says he would not do what he just signed off on literal days ago).

I get that there has to be cuts made for quarterly earnings reports so that a company's stocks don't drop drastically due to increased revenue, but it's like, what the fuck did they expect. If you spend $70 Billion on aquiring Bethesda, you can't expect to see enough returns to profit on something like that for at least half a decade or so (and that's a BEST case scenario). If you can't afford to take the responsibility of supporting those studios and staff through that time, then don't make the committment, otherwise the IPs that come with that acquisition are pretty much worthless. God forbid that some of these insanely overpaid higher-up executives can't take a few million dollar paycuts in the process to minimize layoffs (while still raking in more money a year than most of the people they let go would make over their entire careers). This, BTW is something Nintendo did nearly a decade ago and it provably worked to their benefit.

In the end, sure it's a bummer that these studios won't be able to grow and expand with future projects (I guess I can give up hope on a Hi-Fi Rush 2 at this point), but more than anything I do feel bad for all of the staff and their families that are sufferring from losing their jobs in literally the span of a day.
Moving Pictures / Re: Horror
Last post by Daikun - May 11, 2024, 09:53:22 PM