Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I love the callback to the first movie:

"I could do this all day." :joy:

I kind of wish that they hadn't shown us Spider-Man in full-costume, and saved the reveal for the movie instead. Cutting right after Captain America gets his hands tied in his web would have been better as a tease.

Anyways, my hype for this movie is through the roof. The Captain America series is the best Superhero movie franchise ever, IMO.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Watching the trailer again, they clearly went for the Steve Ditko style Spider-Man with their costume design. Some people complain that it looks cheesy, but personally I approve of it. I also like how they animate the changes in his facial expression via his costume's eyes, just like they did with Deadpool. On the one hand it makes no sense, but on the other hand I don't give a fuck because it looks less ridiculous than the static look of the costumes from the previous Spider-Man films, IMO.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on March 10, 2016, 11:55:11 AM
I love the callback to the first movie:

"I could do this all day." :joy:

I kind of wish that they hadn't shown us Spider-Man in full-costume, and saved the reveal for the movie instead. Cutting right after Captain America gets his hands tied in his web would have been better as a tease.

Anyways, my hype for this movie is through the roof. The Captain America series is the best Superhero movie franchise ever, IMO.
Pretty much what I commented.

And yes, I remember Cap's line from First Avenger when he said that as well and went, "Yeah, that's true" lol
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Okay, I'm ready for this.  ;D
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

So Deadpool's nearing $700 million. I knew it would do well, but I'm surprised it's getting that much.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm happy for the film makers, they deserve the success.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on March 10, 2016, 06:50:57 PM
So Deadpool's nearing $700 million. I knew it would do well, but I'm surprised it's getting that much.

To think that this film had a lot going against it. I mean, it got released in February of all months, that and January are like the kiss of death as far releasing movies go, was released during the weekend where Hollywood mostly releases romantic stuff, it was R rated, and was banned in China. Deadpool did what he does best, defy all logic.

gunswordfist

Why did China ban it?  :srs:

Daxdiv

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 11, 2016, 02:01:30 PM
Why did China ban it?  :srs:

Overtly violent and some bits of nudity where you can see a dude's wang. China has some weird censorship law yo. Did you know you can't show skeletons in video games over there. I remember it took a few years for a certain World of Warcraft expansion to even make it into China because the premise was fighting the undead Lich King or something.

But yeah, not having access to China's market is kinda seen as a bad thing due to how huge the market is over there.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Daxdiv on March 11, 2016, 08:52:29 PMChina has some weird censorship law yo. Did you know you can't show skeletons in video games over there.

Peanutbutter

Don't the Chinese take the majority of box office sales? I could have sworn somewhere someone bringing that up in a box office thread (not here).

Daikun

Dr. Insomniac

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

New X-Men: Apocalypse trailer: http://youtu.be/PfBVIHgQbYk

If this is even half as good as Days of Future Past, then this year can officially be considered FOX's redemption for Fant4stic.

gunswordfist

I didn't know or forgot that The Mask was a comic book movie. I heard about that in a thread about whether The Mask or Deadpool is the funniest comic book movie of all time.