Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstar

I think WB wants an older, more seasoned Batman this time around, so an older actor like Affleck seems to be what they're looking for.

Me, I don't really care. I wasn't in love with Bale; he did a credible job as Bruce Wayne, but that Cookie Monster voice he assumed when he donned the cowl made it next to impossible to take him seriously in the role. Plus, Bale was the Nolanverse Batman, who'd be too grounded for something like Justice League.

As long as the guy they pick can act and looks convincing in the Bat-suit, I don't care who it is.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

All I'll say for now is that I hated Ben Affleck as Daredevil.

Avaitor

Bryan Cranston is going to be Lex. Well now it has my curiosity.

But I will say that even though MOS didn't look that exciting to me, I do like how they skipped Luthor for now, instead of shoehorning him like every other Superman movie. It's a nice change of pace for a beginner.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

As for Ben Affleck getting the role of Batman, I don't really have an opinion. I'll just see how it goes. Honestly, my worry has entirely to do with Zack Snyder having no talent. I think Man of Steel was a piece of garbage, and that doesn't give me high hopes for the future of this series. I'll probably go along and see the next movies being that my friends might want to see them, but I personally don't particularly care.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 26, 2013, 01:17:12 PM
I think Man of Steel was a piece of garbage

Quote from: talonmalon333 on July 05, 2013, 12:08:35 AM
As for Man of Steel, it was........ good? Or at least, it was decent. The action was good. I felt like the story just came up short. None of the characters, aside from maybe Superman, got much development, neither did his relationship with Lois. I'll say it was probably entertaining enough that I'll keep up with this series.

Hey, Talon, anyone ever tell you that you change your mind a lot? :sly:

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on August 26, 2013, 04:12:20 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on August 26, 2013, 01:17:12 PM
I think Man of Steel was a piece of garbage

Quote from: talonmalon333 on July 05, 2013, 12:08:35 AM
As for Man of Steel, it was........ good? Or at least, it was decent. The action was good. I felt like the story just came up short. None of the characters, aside from maybe Superman, got much development, neither did his relationship with Lois. I'll say it was probably entertaining enough that I'll keep up with this series.

Hey, Talon, anyone ever tell you that you change your mind a lot? :sly:

Remember when you said that during your first viewing of Iron Man 2, you tried to convince yourself that it was good, only to later realize that you thought it kind of sucked? I think that happened to me here with Man of Steel. :P

Spark Of Spirit

Who knows, tomorrow it might be a masterpiece.  ;)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

This will be my top 5 tomorrow.

1. Man of Steel
2. Catwoman
3. The Fantastic Four
4. Batman & Robin
5. Steel

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Will Kick-Ass 2 be making that list anytime soon?

Also, where are Superman IV and Green Lantern? Clearly those are gems among comic book movies.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on August 26, 2013, 04:41:45 PM
Will Kick-Ass 2 be making that list anytime soon?

Also, where are Superman IV

Definitely Superman IV. And Supergirl, while we're at it. As for Kick-Ass 2, it shows promise for my top 10. I just need to see it first. ;D

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on August 26, 2013, 04:41:45 PMand Green Lantern?

Dude that movie sucks.

Avaitor

Bradley Cooper voicing Rocket Raccoon seems to be the next Ben Affleck, only on a much smaller scale, considering how insignificant his character is compared to bats.

Honestly, I think it's a good call. I know that he can pull off a decent gruff voice, and Silver Linings Playbook proved that he can add some depth to his persona as well. Cooper's not my first choice, but I'm down for it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

I see no problem with either of those casting choices, honestly.

Avaitor

New blog!

Angus

D'oh! Green Lantern's what I have checked out on Netflix at the moment.  I guess I should watch that while folding laundry.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Avaitor

I'm skimming the reviews for Thor 2. The ranking is about the same as Iron Man 3's, which also makes it around the same as the first Thor's, and the overall verdict is that it's a solid, if not highly inventive, follow-up.

Who's going to see it this weekend?

New blog!