Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Really, as for this Justice League movie continuity, at the rate things are going, the only way I can see myself seeing the next movies is because one of my best friends is a comic book nut. I imagine a group of us will possibly just see it for the heck of it.

Spark Of Spirit

I think Kyle Rayner deserves it more than Hal, personally.

Quote from: ShadowGentleman on December 08, 2013, 06:29:16 PM
If I remember correctly, another problem is that DC movies don't have as much creative control as some of the Marvel's. DC doesn't have an equivalent to Marvel Studios yet.
That's the biggest issue. They need to get on the ball here and stop missing out on easy money.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 05, 2013, 05:55:25 PM
I hope it's Hal. John Stewart is practically more popular with the general public thanks to Justice League and the only good thing Hal has ever really been in outside of the comics is a few recent animated movies. He needs his turn.
Agreed.
[/quote]

I would want them to do a Justice League movie if they could do a new Superman, Hal and Batman movie right and a Wonder Woman movie with a Diana as interesting as she was in the recent animated movie and a Flash as charismatic as Michael Rosenbaum Flash. Honestly I'd be more interested in that team then The Avengers under those circumstances but I am asking for a lot so don't expect to see that.
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 08, 2013, 07:50:11 PM
I think Kyle Rayner deserves it more than Hal, personally.
Because he's gotten even less attention?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Ever since Hal was ret-conned from the dead, Kyle's got pushed aside pretty heavily. Not to say I would hate Hal being used, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

The only time I really got to like seeing Kyle is his first appearance, Emerald Twilight. I've mostly just read him in Morrison's JLA run...which I hate and he had a small part in Superman Red Son. That's about it. I don't hate the character but I haven't been given too much of a reason to care for him.

Avaitor

I'd still go with John for GL if only cause we need more black super heroes on screen. Marvel's getting the Falcon for Cap 2 and hopefully the next Avengers as well, and there's also going to be the Luke Cage show coming, but we can always use a little more ethnicity in the movies.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Silverstar

Quote from: Avaitor on December 09, 2013, 07:56:27 AM
I'd still go with John for GL if only cause we need more black super heroes on screen. Marvel's getting the Falcon for Cap 2 and hopefully the next Avengers as well, and there's also going to be the Luke Cage show coming, but we can always use a little more ethnicity in the movies.

This.

I'm not a super-big John Stewart fan (unless we're talking about this guy):

...but since it doesn't look like we'll be getting J'onn J'onzz, Cyborg or Vixen for this movie, I'd take John just for the sake of the team not being comprised solely of Caucasians.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

gunswordfist

They can sneak Cyborg in there just so I can get Hal. :D

talonmalon333

By the way, this is a question directed at people who have a clear memory of Iron Man 3 (I haven't seen it since it was in theaters last summer). You know how Tony Stark had to spend the whole movie working with that weak, broken down suit?

I can't remember. Was there an explanation for why he didn't just call for one of those dozens of suits that appeared in the final fight sooner?

Spark Of Spirit

Communication was severed and down.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 09, 2013, 11:26:10 PM

Do you mean on the suit he was using? So he repaired it as the movie went on? I'm not doubting you. My memory of the movie just isn't perfect.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 09, 2013, 11:32:22 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 09, 2013, 11:26:10 PM

Do you mean on the suit he was using? So he repaired it as the movie went on? I'm not doubting you. My memory of the movie just isn't perfect.
Jarvis in general was severed. I also haven't seen it since the theater, but the bigger issue than the suit was that he lost all contact with Jarvis.

talonmalon333

Got it. Thanks! I need to rewatch this movie. Before The Avengers came out last summer, my friends and I marathon'd the other movies in the Marvel movie canon in a single day and it was awesome. Would be cool to do again with Avengers, Iron Man 3, and Thor 2 out to add into the mix now, though we'd have to make that into a two-day event.

Avaitor

I'll probably rewatch it if and when it comes to Netflix, but I'll wait for the Phase 2 set before I buy IM3 and Thor 2.

Speaking of which, I still really need to get Phase 1. Especially since we got a Blu-Ray player which actually works.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Here's one thing I never got an explanation for (or maybe I just missed it). Remember how Tony had ALL of those Iron Man suits that were combat ready and could all be remote-controlled by Jarvus? Where the hell were those when his house was being attacked by helicopters and missiles?