Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 17, 2014, 07:34:26 PM
Whedon talk, eh? Where's Avaitor... :sly:
Just watched tonight's HIMYM. Well, I never thought we'd see Zoey or the Blitz again.

But it's not fair to compare Whedon with Cameron anyway, when Whedon's film career is nowhere near as big as Cameron's. Not to mention how the 2 Terminators and Aliens are among the best action movies ever. I still don't have much use for Gone With the Wind on a boat or Dances with Smurfs, though. At the same time though, I can't say I'm in love with Cabin in the Woods, either (even though Joss only wrote that)
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 17, 2014, 07:31:04 PM
If I were to rank the Marvel movies based on their waves of releases, I'd probably rate them as such:

Captain America
The Avengers

High
Iron Man
Iron Man 3

Middle
Thor
Thor: The Dark World

Low
The Incredible Hulk
The Hulk

Bottom
Iron Man 2

I haven't seen either Hulk movies in ages, but from memories that would be what I would rate the "Wave" pictures.

Wave?

Spark Of Spirit

Advertising lingo. Basically Avengers-related stuff.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I don't think the original Hulk is part of the MCU canon (at least not taking place in the same Universe as The Avengers line of films). As for the Incredible Hulk, I'd probably put that in middle-tier with both Thor films. The film wasn't great by any stretch, but it had fun action and was entertaining on the same level as the Thor films for me. Other than that, I agree with the rest of your list completely. I'm really hoping that Captian America: The Winter Soldier will be something to add to the top tier MCU movies.

Avaitor

If we're counting The Hulk, that's very bottom tier. And I'd put Thor 2 in top tier, personally.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I barely remember either Hulk movie, honestly.

I didn't know you liked Thor 2 so much, Avaitor. What did you enjoy so much about it compared to the original?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Great Tier
- Iron Man 3
- Iron Man
- The Avengers

Good Tier
- Captain America
- Thor
- The Incredible Hulk

Adequate Tier
- Iron Man 2

(If It Counts) Bad Tier
- Hulk

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 17, 2014, 08:20:44 PM
I didn't know you liked Thor 2 so much, Avaitor. What did you enjoy so much about it compared to the original?
Yeah, I really did. My only real problem with the movie is that Malekith's stuff got mostly cut out, and he didn't make for as promising of a villain as I was hoping. I haven't got the release yet so I can't see how the deleted scenes work out.

But I really got into Thor and Loki's storyline. It always interested me in the comics when they had to work together, even (especially?) if Loki has ulterior motives (and he usually does), which was also useful here since Hemsworth and Hiddleston have really grown in their roles since the first. I also appreciated that they cut the time away from earth, and focused on the Asgardian story more, which is what I was hoping would happen with the sequel since I saw the first. On top of that, it was probably the most fun I had in theaters since I saw Avengers.

New blog!

talonmalon333

I just learned this...

Quote"Evans recently made news when he said he plans a short break from acting after his Marvel run ends, but now, he tells Variety, he wants to retire from being in front of the camera," the article states. "'If I'm acting at all, it's going to be under Marvel contract, or I'm going to be directing,' he says. 'I can't see myself pursuing acting strictly outside of what I'm contractually obligated to do.'"
http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/10093/20140326/chris-evans-to-retire-after-captain-america-deal-is-up.htm

Spark Of Spirit

As long as he keeps being such a great Cap, I have no issues with his decision.

gunswordfist

To me, it sounds like we will be losing him as Cap soon. :'(
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on March 26, 2014, 05:19:40 PM
To me, it sounds like we will be losing him as Cap soon. :'(
There's still two more Avenger movies and one more Cap movie to go. That's still a lot to look forward to!  :)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The early reviews for Captain America: The Winter Soldier are very positive. While that could change as more reviews come out, many of the critics who have reviewed it so far note it as being one of the more thoughtful entries in the Avengers movie canon, forgoing lot's of spectacle and special effects for better story and characterization. Sounds like my kind of sequel. ;D

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 30, 2014, 12:59:09 AM
The early reviews for Captain America: The Winter Soldier are very positive. While that could change as more reviews come out, many of the critics who have reviewed it so far note it as being one of the more thoughtful entries in the Avengers movie canon, forgoing lot's of spectacle and special effects for better story and characterization. Sounds like my kind of sequel. ;D

:swoon: Now that's what I like to see! I can't wait to watch it. 

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on March 30, 2014, 12:59:09 AM
Exactly what I was hoping for! Good to hear.