Good acting >>>> How close he looks to the comic book version

gunswordfist

There's this thing called a joke...
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Rynnec

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 16, 2014, 07:33:58 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on October 16, 2014, 07:31:26 PMGoddammit DC, just make a Deathstroke movie with Ron Pearlman as Slade already.
I'm good with what they're doing on Arrow in regards to Deathstroke.

Does Arrow's Deathstroke lend himself well to a spin-off show though?

In general, a good show/movie starring a comicbook anti-hero/villain would be something I'd love to see.

gunswordfist

Deathstroke Full Cycle was a great anti-hero story.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on October 16, 2014, 11:27:41 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 16, 2014, 07:33:58 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on October 16, 2014, 07:31:26 PMGoddammit DC, just make a Deathstroke movie with Ron Pearlman as Slade already.
I'm good with what they're doing on Arrow in regards to Deathstroke.

Does Arrow's Deathstroke lend himself well to a spin-off show though?

In general, a good show/movie starring a comicbook anti-hero/villain would be something I'd love to see.
I really recommend watching Arrow. I don't really want to spoil what they do with him.

But I think you'd be pleased.  8-)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I have actually heard rumors that they may feature Deathstroke on that Suicide Squad spinoff show that they are planning, but if that's the case then I'm not sure if they'd keep him as a villain or give him a redemption arc to convert him to the status of being an anti-hero instead. From what I've heard about his comic book counterpart, he frequently shifts between the status of both roles.

Avaitor

I think we should at least give DC credit for finally stepping up and announcing Wonder Woman and Cyborg movies. Marvel keeps on hinting at potentially making ones for Black Widow, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther, but never deliver on them.

I mean, chances are that they'll end up as the next Catwoman or Steel, but at least it's progress that Marvel hasn't done yet.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Progress would be them actually being good movies, to be honest. If they're awful (and I have a great reason to believe they will be), then it really doesn't matter.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Thank you, Avaitor. The only "huh?!!" there is Suicide Squad. Cyborg was currently Justice League the last time I checked (as in the recent New 52). Meanwhile, key members of the Avengers haven't shown up at all despite the Marvel Movie Universe being around for like 10 years. The next Avengers is supposed to have Ultron in it and Antman is nowhere to be seen.

That reminds me, I completely retract my statement on a Black Widow and/or Hawkeye not selling well. Scarlet Johanssen's recent action (action/scifi?) movie (I forget the name. The one with Morgan Freeman talking abnout her powers) was #1 in the world when it was out. Marvel movies get major sells these days. If they do one movie for both Black Widow and Hawkeye, then it would be a guaranteed hit.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I have to agree with Desensitized on this one. While it's a nice notion to have a female star in a superhero movie for once, it's not really progress unless it's actually a good movie. Remember Elektra or Catwoman? No? Well that's because those were shit, and despite starring female leads, they still didn't do anything to progress the genre of comic book movies. The quality of the actual film says more than just simply putting it out there.

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 17, 2014, 12:52:37 AM
Thank you, Avaitor. The only "huh?!!" there is Suicide Squad. Cyborg was currently Justice League the last time I checked (as in the recent New 52). Meanwhile, key members of the Avengers haven't shown up at all despite the Marvel Movie Universe being around for like 10 years.

Actually it's only been 6 years, and Marvel has plenty of solo superhero films introducing new characters planned for the remaining 4 years.

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on October 17, 2014, 12:52:37 AM
The next Avengers is supposed to have Ultron in it and Antman is nowhere to be seen.
Ant-Man's movie is still happening. Edgar Wright's gone, but it should still come out next year.

And I know that some people are skeptical about Black Widow and Hawkeye holding movies on their own, but I've read enough great solo stories from the both of them to know that they can, and people like both characters enough to support them. It's all up to Marvel to just get them down.

Also, I do think it's a little premature to say that all of these movies will suck, even if I am skeptical myself. DC's most recent attempts at making their movies haven't been great, but it seems like they have enough of an idea of what the want to do that there is potential for these movies to be good. Although I really do hope that they retire the "no fun outside of Shazam!" mentality.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

They did. It's "no fun even in Shazam".