Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Nice Black Panther suit, Ben Affleck.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 17, 2015, 12:25:36 AM
Quote from: Foggle on April 17, 2015, 12:14:45 AM
Making a good trailer must be hard. They usually either end up spoiling a lot of the plot or not revealing enough to get people interested.
This is one of my favorite trailers.

It tells you the basic story, sets up some intrigue, and doesn't spoil anything important. Good trailers are hard to make, but I prefer them tell me something about the movie than leaving me with nothing but questions.
If we are posting best trailer...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRfCUWazKaY

The Shadow Gentleman

Spoiler
[close]

What Man of Steel failed to do, Exhibit A.

Dr. Insomniac

But the movie did have Superman staring at a vast land devoid of human life while having his arms around someone of his own kin.

gunswordfist

I didn't know people thought the aliens in the Avengers could have been Kree or Skrulls.

talonmalon333

So does this mean The Amazing Spider-Man series has been canceled? Doesn't really effect me personally, but I just thought I remember them planning a big franchise out of it, with multiple sequels and spin-offs starting Venom and other characters.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

As far as I know, the only part of that original plan that has survived is the Sinister Six movie, which apparently Sony is still making, although I imagine it will somehow have to be changed to fit within the context of the MCU.

Avaitor

The reviews for Age of Ultron are coming in, and it's looking pretty good. The critics who are burnt out on super hero movies haven't really been swayed, but the more accepting ones are willing to call this a good one, even if the reception seems to be mixed in this topping the first Avengers. Still, the last time I checked, it was at 90% on RT, which is nothing to sneeze at.

We'll just have to see for ourselves next week, though. Critics aren't always right, after all.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I feel like ridiculously high expectations will cause the movie to do less well with critics than the first one, but I hardly use RT as a measuring stick for how good a movie is. Captain America: The First Avenger has a 78% on RT, and it's my favorite MCU film to date, despite being one if the less well-received films in the franchise.

Foggle

I wasn't a huge fan of The Avengers, but this one looks more like my thing. I'll probably also re-watch the original soon and see if I like it more now.

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on April 21, 2015, 08:28:08 PM
I feel like ridiculously high expectations will cause the movie to do less well with critics than the first one, but I hardly use RT as a measuring stick for how good a movie is. Captain America: The First Avenger has a 78% on RT, and it's my favorite MCU film to date, despite being one if the less well-received films in the franchise.
It also has the lowest score of any MCU film on IMDB I believe. People are weird.

Dr. Insomniac

And the kind of people who won't like Age of Ultron seem like those who automatically hate any Marvel movie simply for the sake of it. It's not like we haven't come across those killjoys before.

gunswordfist

I know something will be good if even Insomniac and Foggle are excited about it,

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The original is an excellent "popcorn" flick in every sense, IMO. It doesn't offer much in the way if depth or nuance, but if you're looking to just have fun without having your intelligence insulted, it's a really good time, and to be fair, that's appropriate for the first movie of its kind like this. In order for crossover movies to be a success, Marvel chose to make something more accessible to a wider audience in the first place, to sell them on the concept. Now that it has a wider audience, it can attempt to tell a more interesting and engaging story with the sequel.

gunswordfist

That's exactly what I'm hoping they are doing.

Avaitor

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 21, 2015, 08:37:14 PM
I know something will be good if even Insomniac and Foggle are excited about it,
Hey, it works well enough to get me into The Wire and Jojo.

shit, I'm behind on the latter, though
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/