Comic Book Movies

Started by Avaitor, May 06, 2011, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

If I get a high dose of Guy Gardner, I'm perfectly okay with it.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

He's okay in small doses.  :>
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

LumRanmaYasha

Ryan Renolds seems to be fitting into the role pretty well. Can't wait to see the trailer (if it is indeed coming out tomorrow).

gunswordfist

I'm sold on the voice! And good laugh at the end.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Awwww....they cut out the best joke from the Comic-Con trailer. :-\

Still an awesome trailer, though.

In related news, they uploaded an extended FF trailer with Deadpool at the end telling people to go see it because his trailer will be in it. As funny as that moment is, it really shows you how desperate they are to get people to see this movie. They just know how bad it is and that it's painfully obvious to everyone at this point.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on August 04, 2015, 11:19:04 PM
Awwww....they cut out the best joke from the Comic-Con trailer. :-\
The Rob Liefeld bit?

QuoteIn related news, they uploaded an extended FF trailer with Deadpool at the end telling people to go see it because his trailer will be in it. As funny as that moment is, it really shows you how desperate they are to get people to see this movie. They just know how bad it is and that it's painfully obvious to everyone at this point.
I thought you meant Deadpool for a second. :lol:

LumRanmaYasha

I have never been more excited for a superhero movie in my entire life. February 2016 cannot come soon enough.  :swoon:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Why the hell would anyone use FF to promote Deadpool? :D

Of course I mean FF when I say that it's shit. ;)

LumRanmaYasha

I'm rather disappointed the new FF movie is going to be shit. Though I wasn't much into superhero comics as I kid, I always liked reading stories featuring the FF, but for some reason they just can't seem to get a half-way decent movie or tv series. Considering they are one of Marvel's founding and most recognizable properties, it's a real bummer they can't seem to catch a break.

Foggle

I'd become more hopeful recently due to Fox's handling of Deadpool and Apocalypse, but yeah, Fantfourstic looks pretty bad. It's a real bummer.

Spark Of Spirit

Fantastic Four needs to be pure Silver Age for it to work in live action. Unapologetically Silver Age with Johnny being a cocky jerk, Ben being cynical and wisecracking, and Doom being his Doom self is the best, and only, way to do it.

FF with grit just doesn't fit. It's really its own thing.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Speculation is that FF is going to do better than Ant-Man, regardless.

Then again, the insiders who estimate the box office were expecting AOU to be a bigger hit than it was, and had no idea how big Jurassic World was going to be, so hopefully they're off here, as well. This has been a wild summer, in terms of box office.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/