Mighty No. 9

Started by Daikun, September 01, 2013, 02:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

I don't think Inafune pocketed the money, but I do think he had no idea how to utilize the budget he was provided. Putting the game on eight different systems, trying to make Unreal Engine 3 work on the 3DS and Vita, adding multiplayer elements for no discernible reason, getting an all-star voice cast, deciding to use the game as a jumping-off point for a multimedia franchise... all these things probably accounted for the entire $4 million before even factoring in the development of the game itself. So we're left with an empty husk of what should and could have been because Inafune didn't understand how budgets work and tried to do way too much. This gross mismanagement of money and failure to meet deadlines make it crystal clear why Capcom fired him.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

One of the most legendary game creators of all time has just become one of the biggest ass-holes in the industry. How sad. People should've known that something was up after he attached his and his company's name to Ninja Gaiden Z but really just handed the development off to a third-rate team and actually had no involvement in the game's design at all. Ninja Gaiden fans who were desperate for a return to form from the series got dealt a hard blow with arguably the worst game to have the franchise's name slapped onto it, and Inafune was merely pleased to just make a quick buck. Well, at least people are wise to him now.

I can't believe that this is the same guy who created Mega Man.

Spark Of Spirit

He didn't actually create Mega Man. He was the series director. Which is what he should have stayed doing instead of flinging himself into the business side of things. Playtonic and Igarashi were given the same chance he was and were able to put their ducks in a row. He really should know better than this.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

It's ridiculous that people can go into a store today and pick up the game with a poster included for 30 bucks, but people who paid $250 for that tier three years ago on the Kickstarter haven't received anything but download codes that don't work. Inafune clearly isn't a efficient or responsible businessman, and even if he was a talented character designer, his comments on the matter have proven him to be a very insincere artist with no respect for the fans who helped him make this game in the first place. A truly passionate and sincere artist wouldn't have been satisfied with putting out something that was merely "better than nothing;" he should've been committed to making the best product possible, something that he would find creatively satisfying to make and something fans will have felt gave them their money's worth and above all else a good time. His flippant attitude towards the whole thing and desire to simply move on to other projects shows that he lost interest in what he was making, half-assed an unpolished game out the door to get it over with, and didn't care whether or not fans would be satisfied with the results. Consequently, he's broken the trust of a lot of people, soured his name, and alienated all of his former fans and supporters, and I'll be surprised if he's able to produce another game ever again, since no one will ever back another Kickstarter with his name attached to it. Kickstarter is a platform that help realize creative projects with amazing potential that couldn't get made otherwise, and massive train wrecks like this only hurt the trust of people to invest their money in it. I only hope that disasters like this won't discourage people from supporting projects from genuinely passionate creators, and the platform doesn't devolve into a glorified pre-order site for safe-bets and sure-thing projects by established producers. 

Peanutbutter

Kamiya warned people on Twitter what Inafune was really like.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/249735186936369153

I'm glad I never paid one cent to that Kickstarter. Hope Bloodstained knocks it out of the park when it gets released. To think I like a number of others were angry at Capcom for firing Inafune, but turns out they were right to do so all along. Whatever bad thoughts or feelings I may have had towards them five years ago I officially disavow. Inafune has disgusted me so much with this release and the bullcrap even before it with throwing backers under the bus to protect a dumb feminist broad that I no longer care what Capcom does or doesn't do with Mega Man Legends 3.

Foggle

Kamiya later clarified that he didn't mean that as an insult, though, he was just stating a fact: Inafune is a businessman responsible for some of Capcom's greatest successes (and failures), not the creator of Mega Man like a lot of people think he is.

Spark Of Spirit

Which is funny, because that was part of the reason he didn't like it at Capcom. He said he preferred being less involved in the business side. So what does he do? Gets lost in the business side.

If he wants to continue making games after this, I hope he is smart enough to reassess this whole debacle. Just about every aspect got screwed up in one way or another.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Daikun