Reviews & Features Discussion

Started by Foggle, December 27, 2010, 04:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Oh yeah, I forgot to comment on this, but great article Desen.

R&S is a show that has it's highs and it's lows, but gets ridiculously overrated due to how great it's highs can get even though they're few and far in between.

Can't wait to see what you think about what's next in store for you. :)
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Angus

Wow, nice critiquing. It's hard to find some good R&S episodes beyond the heavily quoted ones like Happy Happy Joy Joy.
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Spark Of Spirit

Thanks for the comments.

All I have to say is thank you for giving me Stimpy's Fan club to watch after Son, because I think my critique would have been far more harsh if I ended on that one instead.

But... I'm definitely not looking forward to what's next.  :gonk:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Insomniac

New review's up.  Still feels weird that I actually really liked something involving Haruhi. :wth:

Foggle

Good review! I always thought the movie looked more interesting than the series simply because the worst character only had a very minor role in it. I guess I was right. :joy:

Avaitor

Wait, Mikuru is barely in it?

It already sounds more promising than either shows!

I'll have to read this later though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Foggle

Quote from: Avaitor on February 21, 2011, 02:41:00 PM

I was talking about Haruhi. Mikuru sucks too, but not as much, IMO.

Avaitor

Quote from: Foggle on February 21, 2011, 03:17:59 PM

I was talking about Haruhi. Mikuru sucks too, but not as much, IMO.
They're about equal to me, but from what I recall, Mikuru existed for little more than fan service, while Haruhi actually had some importance to the plot. Plus all she ever did besides upskirts and boob shots was cry.

Good review, BTW. The length scares me, but it sounds like a more entertaining experience than the series.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Well, the main Mikuru is barely in it. Future Mikuru plays more of a part, but at least she's not pure fanservice bait.

Angus

Wow, such a decent score for the movie, so it's as good as the original series?
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Spark Of Spirit

Future Mikuru is a half decent character. Present Mikuru is barely one. Kyon is what makes the show for me.

I'm glad someone who didn't care for the show reviewed the movie, because despite liking it I didn't really want to review this. And yes it's all the better because the lesser characters (I won't disagree with you on them, I don't like those two much either) aren't in it as much.

That plot involving time travel was directly before the Endless Eight and is the only decent part of that season. It's a good prologue for the movie I find and the only good part of season 2.

Good review, Insommy. I haven't actually got around to watching the whole thing yet, but I think I might do that now.

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Just posted a new feature! I put a lot of effort into it... can you tell? :joy:

Make sure to read the article I linked to at the very beginning before you dive into mine. ;)

Spark Of Spirit

Ouch, man. Ouch.

Still who else would buy volume 22 of a series if they had never experienced it before in the first place?

Just seems nutty.

Foggle

Well, he'd at least read the first 10 before. But, really,
QuoteIt's been a long while since I've read Excel Saga. Twelve volumes to be exact.
QuoteHonestly, aside from the Excel double plot, I couldn't figure out what was happening.
makes me question why he even decided to write a review of it in the first place. You shouldn't expect to understand something when you skip that much of it.

Avaitor

New blog!