Young Justice

Started by Avaitor, January 26, 2011, 08:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

The Light now not only has Superboy's clone (I foresee a Superboy Prime situation coming) but also the original Roy. So while they lost the battle, the war isn't quite done yet. I wonder how Invasion will play out?
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I have to admit, this season finale is the first episode that got me really invested in the whole Universe of this show. Up until this point, the show was merely good in my eyes, but not one of the greats (and I still can't really call it that just based on this season alone). But that said, this episode got me pumped. I was downright excited to see what happened next for every moment that I was watching it, and I actually felt like I cared more about the characters and the team as a whole during the whole incident.

Now I'm pretty pumped for season 2, and I'm really glad to know that I won't even have to wait more than a week for it to start airing.

Basically, the show just went up a notch in my book. :thumbup:

Daxdiv

Such a great season finale. If we didn't have more episodes with that, I would be content with that being the finale. Really like the fight scenes between the Team and the League, especially the Superman & Batman vs Superboy & Robin. I also liked how Zatanna tried to save her dad from Fate yet again. This is going to haunt her until she dies sadly.

That and I loved the kisses everyone shared near the end, especially between Artemis & Kid Flash and Zatanna & Robin. That and I got to say that I love this interpretation of Vandal Savage. Liked his message about Survival of the Fittest and how the League kind of hampers with the natural order and when to retreat.

Dr. Insomniac

So the first few minutes of the season 2 premiere...  :wth:

Foggle

What's wrong with it?

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on April 28, 2012, 01:07:19 PM
What's wrong with it?
Time skip. Dozen new characters get introduced.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 28, 2012, 01:08:15 PM
Quote from: Foggle on April 28, 2012, 01:07:19 PM
What's wrong with it?
Time skip.
We talking Slightly Older Justice, Adult Justice, Middle Age Justice, or Senior Justice here?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It was a 5-year time-skip, so everyone is in their older teens for the most part. Of the members from season 1, only Robin (now Night Wing), Super Boy, Ms. Martian, and Zatanna appear. Aqua Lad, Kid Flash, Red Arrow, and Artemis are nowhere to be seen as of yet.

To be honest, this episode was more confusing for me than anything else. I felt like it tried to throw too much at us at once, and of course I have no reason to care about any of the new characters yet since there are a ton of them and none of them really got any significant characterization in this episode. I guess it just bothers me because I'm not a fan of these time-skips that happen out of nowhere. I like to at least have an idea of what happened to the other characters that we have come to care about and what developments they have gone through since we've last seen them, but to be fair I'm pretty sure we'll get all those holes filled in as this season progresses (or at least I hope so). Still, I felt that even on its own, this episode was just way too much of a clusterfuck. Hopefully the narrative gets more focused in future episodes of this season.

Spark Of Spirit

... All those new characters and we couldn't at least get Impulse? I was hoping to at least see the original YJ trifecta or Tim, Bart, and Connor.

But yeah, I'm lost.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

The time skip did throw me off guard and I am left wondering what happened to Wally, I will still give this season a shot. After all, I am curious to see how this series handles Beast Boy and Blue Beetle. Along with this new character that's basically discrediting the Justice League.

Besides, we all know this isn't the worst time skip, Digimon did it worst at the end of Season 2.  As long as that exists, there will never be a worst time skip. :P

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Daxdiv on May 02, 2012, 03:37:05 PM
The time skip did throw me off guard and I am left wondering what happened to Wally, I will still give this season a shot. After all, I am curious to see how this series handles Beast Boy and Blue Beetle. Along with this new character that's basically discrediting the Justice League.

I don't think that this time skip would be a problem is future episodes find a clever way to give us an idea of just what has happened with all of the season 1 characters between the end of that season and the beginning of this one. However, if the show just automatically expects us to give a shit about all of these new characters without giving us any idea of what went on with the original season 1 members, then it may quickly lose my interest.

QuoteBesides, we all know this isn't the worst time skip, Digimon did it worst at the end of Season 2.  As long as that exists, there will never be a worst time skip. :P

I honestly believe that the epilogue was specifically written by someone who didn't know a thing about Digimon Adventure. Its just so baffling in how inconsistent it is with the characters, and on its own I'm pretty sure it creates more plot-holes than what it took Adventure 02 an entire season to create in terms of its own inconsistencies.

Spark Of Spirit

I was just surprised they had a time skip so fast. After only one season seems a bit soon.

Still, they seem to have every single Young Justice/Teen Titans member from the comics that have yet to appear in animation so far. It's just missing telling us what happened to the other members and the lack of Impulse. (I'm not going to let that go, Mr. Weisman)  ;))

Since it seemed to start so fast, I'm hoping this season has a bit more pace to it than the previous one.

Dr. Insomniac

Maybe it's because I'm mentally sick, but hearing about Beast Boy's backstory made me chuckle. Seriously, Queen Bee was petty enough to make his mom get killed in a car crash, leading him to get catatonic whenever he sees waterfalls. It's like something out of a fucking Looney Toons plot.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

This series has been inconsistent in quality since the beginning, honestly. I didn't really like this episode, either, and maybe there's more to the death of Garfield's mom that makes it seem less petty than a car accident, but honestly I don't really even care since I still have no reason to care about Beast Boy or any of the other new characters. Meanwhile we only get a vague hint of what happened between Super Boy and Ms. Martian, and once again we don't learn anything of the other characters like Kid Flash, Artemis, Red Arrow, and Aqua Lad. This show is just trying to cover too many characters for my liking. The ending of season 1 was promising, but the series has quickly lost focus again, and I sincerely hope that it gets back on track.

Meanwhile, I think Avengers has been really solid with its run so far, with not a single bad or even lackluster episode in the 2nd season yet. I heard that the series might get weaker after the midpoint of the season when the original writers left (or something like that), but so far its had a much more consistent run than Young Justice has had, IMO.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm still confused.