Young Justice

Started by Avaitor, January 26, 2011, 08:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

So this is already my favorite episode, and it hasn't even ended yet.

Spark Of Spirit

Best episode by far.

Bart = YES
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, yeah, Aqua Lad was just undercover the whole time. I'm fine with that twist and all, but this episode made me realize that this show is trying to throw one too many twists at us that it just kind of feels silly at times. Does EVERY single episode have to have some big revelation behind it? It just seems like the plot is trying too hard to seem smart. Still, that aside, it was actually a pretty good episode. I'm just kind of getting tired of some big reveal always happening in the last 2 minutes. It actually gets kind of predictable, and in this case I never felt like Artemis would really die because I was already expecting a twist with her turning out to be alive, which is exactly what happened.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, that makes that plot-line a lot less convoluted.

Still, it's a real shame that there's another hiatus. I was eager to see where it was going to lead up... And eager to see more of Bart!

Oh well, the season has been picking up from it's way too fast start.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I've been playing catch-up today, since I was 2 episodes behind.

Is Tim Curry capable of subtlety at all?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Brak's Dad on June 15, 2012, 02:12:31 PM
Is Tim Curry capable of subtlety at all?
How dare you question DC!Glenn Beck? Because of him, I make sure to check my windows everyday for oncoming Martian threats.

Foggle

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Foggle on June 15, 2012, 02:19:56 PM
I love Tim Curry... :(
It's not really the acting that bothers me, but rather how strawman the writing can be.

Avaitor

His character blows here, and his performance doesn't save it. Half the time I expect him to pull a Nigel Thornberry.

The Impulse episode was really good, btw. I loved seeing all the Flashes team up together. And the ending to the second really surprised me.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The Impulse/Flash Family episode was the best one of this season so far, IMO.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, hopefully they'll be replaying the season premiere tomorrow so I can understand things now. I still wish it wasn't so fast.

Peanutbutter

First episode back, and no surprise it was awesome.  8) Not having been able to get into the comics, I wonder who Rocket is getting married to? Will her wedding be the setting for another all girl episode? I liked the exchanger she had with Captain Cold.

No real big twist at the end, just Lex resolving issues with Speedy who renames himself Arsenal at the very end. Roy's new arm looks pretty cool too. Can't wait for next week!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I've already made it clear that I'm not the biggest fan of this series, especially with how the 2nd season has felt way too clustered to me so far. I thought that the 1st season was mostly good, but very little about it stood out to me as being anything great. I expected a huge improvement from season 2, but to me it just felt like it was trying to do way too much at once and as a result I felt a certain disconnection from the numerous characters introduced in this season as very few of them have gotten very much good development thus far, and I even feel out of the loop when it comes to the season 1 characters as well. Basically, season 2 has just had a really big pacing problem for me.

That said, this week's episode was pretty good and the pacing was really solid this time. It chose to mainly focus on Roy Harper (the real Roy Harper), and how he has to cope with being awoken after 8 years of being Luthor's lab specimen. Being the hot-headed sort of character that he is in this series, he of course quickly initiates his revenge attempt on Luthor, and we get some pretty cool action scenes out of that situation. The episode also shows us bits and pieces of what the other characters are up to without losing focus of the main plot being covered in this episode, so we get some good moments out of that without ever feeling that the episode's pacing is being hindered for it.

Hopefully the rest of the season can maintain this sort of pacing and really manage to make me more interested in the characters (both old and new), and also actually make me interested in where the story is headed.

Spark Of Spirit

So we have Arsenal AND Red Arrow at the same time? Interesting.

Not a bad episode, all told. I'm eager to see what happens next.

Lord Dalek

So I've been marathoning the entirety of Season One lately. So far I'm liking it quite a bit.