Higurashi

Started by Avaitor, March 25, 2011, 12:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on June 27, 2011, 01:36:05 AM
... Those stories would make a great anime season. Why aren't we getting that, Japan? :/
There's also the pure badassery that is Miotsukushi-hen (the PS2 version's replacement for the final arc), which I've wanted to see an English version of since freakin' 2008. I don't know much about it, aside from these bits:

• Keiichi once again proves that he's a man's man and dodges fucking bullets to save his friends
  • Of all the existing arcs, it's the only one that goes into detail with Keiichi and Mion's relationship (I think they end up getting together, not sure)
  • The ending is a lot darker, makes a lot more sense, and is generally better written; the only way for Rika and co. to escape the time loop is for Hanyuu to die
  • The future of the characters after everything is over is discussed in further detail
  • The characters don't get lucky like they did in Matsuribayashi, they have to solve the problems from ALL the other arcs before they can save themselves
Sounds great, right? Do THIS, Deen!

Foggle

Did some digging and found a complete playthrough of Miotsukushi on Nico Video, complete with full voice acting. My goal is to use my rudimentary knowledge of Japanese and some outside help along with my writing skillz to provide a comprehensible (but not comprehensive) translation of as much of the dialogue as possible (I'd do the narration, too, 'cept I can't read Kanji). Sure, it'll probably end up being 25-50% inaccurate and won't be complete by any measure, but at least it'll be more readable and English literate than some of the Full Metal Panic light novel translations. :thumbup:

I doubt anyone else is going to attempt a translation of this, so I figure, why not? It's better than nothing for English-speaking fans, right?

EDIT: In case you're just now finding this post, I kind of still want to do this, but I probably don't have the time for it.

Spark Of Spirit

You rock, Foggle.  :thumbup:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Miotsukushi-hen is 5 hours longer than the first season in its entirety. Shiiiiit.

Avaitor

Oh man, I just finished episode 16. The scene with Shion beating the crap out of Satoko is so chilling, but deserved.

Edit: Episode 17. You know what scene I'm talking about. Still great no matter how many times I've rewatched it on my own.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Angus

There's some Kira OVA series that's come out this summer. Worth a watch?
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Foggle

Quote from: Angus on July 20, 2011, 03:07:01 PM
There's some Kira OVA series that's come out this summer. Worth a watch?
I really, really doubt it. :immad:

Avaitor

So yeah, I finished the first series the other week. Such a great series. As good as ever.

I was going to watch Kai, but I can't find it anywhere. Watching something else now though, which I'll comment on after I watch a few more episodes of it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Dr. Insomniac

Avaitor

Is it just me, or did the animation get INSANELY worse?

Also, this intro gave me a headache the moment I turned it on. Instant pass.

New blog!

Foggle

0:00 - Oh Christ, it's out already?
0:08 - What the fuck is wrong with Rika's head?
0:11 - How is it physically possible to have animation worse than the first season?
0:13 - This song makes me want to kill myself.
0:19 - WHY IS THIS HAPPENING
0:34 - WHAT HAVE THEY DONE
0:37 - What the fuck is wrong with Mion's face?
0:41 - Keiichi looks mentally challenged.
0:48 - What the fuck is wrong with Hanyuu's face?
1:04 - What the FUCK is wrong with Ooishi's face?

THIS ISN'T REAL THIS ISN'T REAL THIS ISN'T REAL
HIGURASHI ENDED AFTER KAI
FUCK YOU DEEN
SERIES IS RUINED FOREVER

Dr. Insomniac

Just to hammer it deeper.

And deeper.

And deeper.

We need to go deeper.

Spark Of Spirit

BRB, going to Japan

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I just watched the raw.

My review will not be forgiving.

Dr. Insomniac

God, just looking at these pictures give me physical pain.