Dragon Ball (All Series)

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 14, 2011, 07:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

OK, I'm convinced that someone at Toei watches DBZA. They literally just tried to make Popo look menacing for a frame in this episode.

I love how MasakoX pointed it out and said: "Careful Toei, TFS might hit you with a copyright strike." :sly:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Just picked up DBZ Kai: The Final Chapters Part Two on Blu-ray. I'm not going to lie, for as much flak as its gets, I much prefer Kai's version of the Majin Buu arc to the original DBZ. The pacing still feels dragged out and I would always pick the manga version first, but this version of the anime feels a lot more tolerable than the original for this particular arc. That said, if it weren't for FUNimation's monumentally improved dub I probably wouldn't have bothered with these sets, but it's just so good to see DBZ with genuinely good English voice-acting.

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, Buu Kai is pretty watchable. I enjoy it on Toonami every week. But it seriously could've cut it down a lot more. There's a lot of episodes that could've just been merged into one (and were in the japanese tv broadcast).

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, not sure why they made it longer for the Western release of the series. I'm thinking that maybe FUNimation might have wanted a bit more in order to more evenly divide up the episode count for the DVD/BD releases with a bit more content to offer, but I really have nothing to base that off of.

Honestly, though, despite my issues with the anime in general, I really regret not picking up the Dragon Boxes when they were made available here for a limited period of time. They still seem to be by far the best home video release of the series to date, and they are really hard to find now and typically go for outrageous prices online.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

The best video about battle powers and how annoyingly over-emphasized they are in the fan-base: https://youtu.be/DyOMlRyg9yc

I also agree with him that for as many issues as Super has, deciding to largely ignore the power spectrum established from the Z-era of Dragon Ball in order to make supporting characters relevant again is one of the better writing decisions that has been made for the show.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I heard about this earlier this morning. I feel terrible for him, and I sincerely hope that he and his family can pull through this.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rynnec on May 07, 2017, 10:19:46 PM
I know Goku's an idiot and all, but this is taking things to a whole new level entirely. :whuh:
What did he do?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

LumRanmaYasha

It seems he's keeping his spirits up and remaining optimistic, which is good. He and his family are going through a scary thing, but hopefully they'll pull through it and the surgery will go smoothly.

gunswordfist

Oof..things are getting dark in Super.

Dreamer2

It really did.

I'd assume these universes will be restored once the whole thing is over though. That would just be a real big downer if they weren't.

gunswordfist

True but at the same time, I'd hate to see this tournament have no stakes. I wonder if it'll be interrupted with some universes permanently erased.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm going to throw in and say they'll all be restored in some way. It's a very DB thing to do.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist