Dragon Ball (All Series)

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 14, 2011, 07:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamer2

Yup. I'm pretty pumped up for it. I decided to watch it at 11:30 for Toonami and not the 8 pm one on Adult Swim.

Man, I've even a little excited for seeing the start of the DBZ Kai Buu tonight as well. Guess I'm in a DBZ mood.

Peanutbutter

Man, was it ever soooo great to hear Funi's DB again. The first episode was hilarious. Haven't bothered watching the Japanese version so this was actually my first time watching it!

Really cool to be enjoying Dragon Ball on Toonami once again. Its going to be insane when Samurai Jack is in the same lineup with it!

gunswordfist

Yes, Samurai Jack and DBZ were my favorites!!
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dreamer2

Quote from: Peanutbutter on January 08, 2017, 09:42:25 PM
Really cool to be enjoying Dragon Ball on Toonami once again. Its going to be insane when Samurai Jack is in the same lineup with it!

That reminds me that I need to remember to watch Samurai Jack next week or at least record it. I'm happy AS is airing it again.

gunswordfist

Dreamer2

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 09, 2017, 12:04:01 AM
Damn, next week?!!!

Yeah, Samurai Jack is back on the schedule next Saturday. At 8:30 after Dragon Ball Super starting with episode 1.

gunswordfist

Dreamer2

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 09, 2017, 12:19:35 AM
New Jack?

Oh no. They're airing reruns of the first series at 8:30. Looks like AS is bringing back reruns for a few things. Sundays are changing a bit too.

My bad, for not saying it was the reruns in my first post.

Daikun

The English cast for Toonami Asia's Super dub has been announced.

Frieza hasn't been cast yet, but Vegeta's VA might have a clue...

Rynnec

Hey, they got one of the Final Bout actors back...as the wrong fucking character. Not sure how I feel about Piccolo being voiced by Noctis from Final Fantasy XV when there are literally a half-dozen California based VA's that would've been more fitting. Jury's still out on the rest, about the only one that sounds like perfect casting is Doug Erholtz as Whis

Dr. Insomniac

So we've all been clamoring to see a female Super Saiyan. I just wasn't expecting her to be Broly.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Is it just me or are female versions of muscular male characters starting to become a trend in nerd culture in general? We have female Thor, female Wolverine, and now Broly with boobs (and hopefully an actual character with personality to go along with it).

Daikun

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on January 22, 2017, 01:15:08 PMIs it just me or are female versions of muscular male characters starting to become a trend in nerd culture in general? We have female Thor, female Wolverine, and now Broly with boobs (and hopefully an actual character with personality to go along with it).

Also female Pidge. ;)

Also, can you guess who's missing from this roster?

Kiddington

The dub for Super is great so far; this is the cast at their absolute best. I can't say enough good about Jason Douglas as Beerus.

Kai's interpretation of the Buu saga I am.....less as impressed with. And this was recorded like, 2-3 years ago correct? I dunno, the script feels somewhat childish thus far, almost like they've (in select instances) reverted back to their old ways with unneccesary rewrites. Maybe I'm just overthinking this, idk. I do dig the new score though.

gunswordfist

Ok, Super Goku is dumber than Z Goku. I can no longer argue against this.