Dragon Ball (All Series)

Started by Spark Of Spirit, March 14, 2011, 07:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on November 18, 2011, 07:30:24 PM
Okay, scratch that about Kai Cell not sounding gay.

O_o

NOWRATCHETUPYOURPOWERLEVELANDCOMETOME. Wow... I have to say, that feels oddly nostalgic, you know? You could throw that right into the dub from 10 years ago, and it wouldn't sound a bit out of place.

They seem to be losing their touch.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, for those of you who don't know, there was a 3 issue Dragon Ball spin-off earlier this year called Episode of Bardock. It was supposed to be some alternate reality story about Bardock actually not dying by Freeza's hands but instead somehow winding up in the past after being caught up in his blast, and then fighting one of Freeza's ancestors or something like that. I never actually read past the first issue so maybe I'm wrong, but I think that's close enough to the plot.

Anyways, according to ANN its gotten an anime adaptation that will be airing next month at the Jump Festa event.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

gunswordfist

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 19, 2011, 11:45:40 AM
The 1st thing I watched on the youtube 360 app last week:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I4weqVv2ds
About to watch this yet again. I love so much about this. This is the only fight where I got to enjoy this transformation since I hate the Buu saga so much. I love how the last part plays out because the two seem to be roughly the same power level but the victor wins not because of his power level but because he's constantly unpredictable. Also, how well coordinated the fight and the fact the the music and sound effects are perfect tie everything together.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 21, 2011, 04:20:53 PM
So, for those of you who don't know, there was a 3 issue Dragon Ball spin-off earlier this year called Episode of Bardock. It was supposed to be some alternate reality story about Bardock actually not dying by Freeza's hands but instead somehow winding up in the past after being caught up in his blast, and then fighting one of Freeza's ancestors or something like that. I never actually read past the first issue so maybe I'm wrong, but I think that's close enough to the plot.

Anyways, according to ANN its gotten an anime adaptation that will be airing next month at the Jump Festa event.
I've seen it, basically its about Bardock going Super Saiyan and killing Frieza's great-great-grandfather Lord Chilled. This leads to Frieza's desire to wipeout the Saiyans so that another SS won't appear. A Predestination paradox as it were.

Some fans have theorized that because Bardock is now the source of the Super Saiyan bloodline he might actually be Vegeta's great ancestor, meaning Vegeta and Kakarot are now related or something. It's a bit weird but makes sense.

Rynnec

gunswordfist

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, we're getting a new theatrical Dragon Ball Z movie. I am so, so disappointed that its not Dragon Ball movie. I know Z is far more popular, but I was hoping it would be a really fun adventure flick like in the vein of the 4 DB movies that were released. They weren't anything sophisticated or even that memorable, but they were fun, and a high-production DB film with a lot of effort put into it could indeed turn out to be a fantastic family movie.

That said, this new Z movies does at least seem like its going to have some genuine effort put into it. They have a writer who apparently worked on the film adaptations of 20th Century Boys and they have some high-profile animators working on the project.

gunswordfist

There's 4 DB movies? If the film is going to have Future Trunks in it then color me interested.

gunswordfist

Ah sweet, that time period and before and after the Cell Games are the best times for movies. It would be cool to see SS3 Goku in a 2nd good work, since I only got to enjoy that transformation in Fusion Reborn since the Buu saga sucks so much.

Also, I'm loving the staff. I'm confident the film will be good.

Dr. Insomniac

Kiddington

Can someone explain this to me?

Why is this one apparently worth over $400 used, while every other version in the set is barely worth over $50?

Nel_Annette

Well, the seller says it's out of print, but even then, maybe all the reasonably priced copies are gone and all that's left are the dickbags?