Tiny Toon Adventures

Started by Spark Of Spirit, December 27, 2010, 08:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

I still need to get the DVD of that.

What a great movie.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Quote from: Goldstar on August 18, 2013, 02:25:09 PMTiny Toons: How I Spent My Summer Vacation is 80 minutes without commercials. I hope that The Hub will air the video in it's entirety and not try to cut it down to only 60 minutes like FOX did the 1 and only time the network aired it in prime-time. The editing in that was so bad it was like the video was spliced together with duck tape and chewing gum.

I remember that! I remember watching it on Fox and being pissed off when it ended so abruptly. :burn:

Anyway, my DVR shows that it will be playing for 2 hours, so it's likely the whole movie with commercial breaks.

Lord Il

Quote from: Silverstar on August 18, 2013, 02:16:10 PMWe also used to own a VHS copy of How I Spent My Vacation, but our younger brother played that tape so many times during his youth that I don't think I can ever bring myself to sitting through it again. I practically have every spoken word in that movie memorized.  :zonk:
lol! That could be considered as being excessive.

Years ago, I wish the nephews weren't so rough with the sleeve (I can't begin to imagine how they managed to put a hole through the front.) Otherwise it probably would've been near mint since I try to look after my stuff really well.

talonmalon333

How I Spent My Vacation holds up marvelously.

Daikun

So, The Hub aired the banned episode today. I didn't even know there was one.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Daikun on September 17, 2013, 01:37:25 AM
So, The Hub aired the banned episode today. I didn't even know there was one.

You mean Elephant Issues, which was only banned due to portraying Buster, Plucky and Hamton getting drunk on one beer?

Daikun

Commode

I guess it's not so banned anymore.  Looking back though, I'm kind of amazed Nick refused to air it, considering what an episode of Rocko would get away with only a few hours later.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

RIP Joe Alaskey.

Man, what a great talent. It's a shame to know that he's gone.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daikun

:shit:

That really sucks. He did a great job voicing the Looney Tunes. Who will voice them now?

Nameless

Was he sick? Was succession in the cards at all?

Dr. Insomniac

He had cancer, and I suspect Warner Bros knew beforehand given Daffy's absence in Wabbit.

Foggle

Daxdiv

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on February 03, 2016, 11:57:51 PM
He had cancer, and I suspect Warner Bros knew beforehand given Daffy's absence in Wabbit.

Here I thought they would have just left Daffy being voiced by Jeff Bergman like he was in the Looney Tunes Show. Well, that and how the show kinda became the Daffy Duck show later, so I thought they were just toning down on Daffy because of that.

Damn shame to see Joe Alaskey go. RIP

Avaitor

I think Joe and Warner's knowledge of his cancer may have gone back further than Wabbit, and would explain why he skipped TLTS.

Jeff Bergman might stick to the voices, and that's fine. He's a good voice for them, and Daffy has been around before Joe, and should be around after him.

But now I wouldn't like a Tiny Toons revival, since hearing someone else voice Plucky would be weird.

New blog!