Childhood cartoons that don't hold up as well as you remembered

Started by Eddy, September 04, 2013, 01:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daikun

Quote from: Peanutbutter on September 30, 2013, 11:26:15 PMI can't help but wonder if similar reasons may be why Korgoth didn't get picked up. It's fine mostly now, but will its humor and style still be that way in another ten or so years?

The problem with this pilot is that a full series would just be too expensive.

It had Genndy behind the scenes, so of course it would cost them a pretty penny for something that's higher quality than normal.

Frankly, I would have LOVED to see them pick up a season of this. I don't care if they cancelled it after 13 episodes (I would totally understand if they did that); Korgoth just needed more love than what they gave it. :frown:

Nameless

SpongeBob SquarePants. It just seems kind of shrill to me now.

gunswordfist

Korgoth made me sick. The only Genndy anything I hate.

I watched Hey Arnold! about a year or two again and it seemed fine. Since I was never a mega fan and barely followed any new episodes and missed a lot period, I think I could actually go through the show and like it even more than I do now.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: Nameless on May 14, 2014, 04:17:19 AM
SpongeBob SquarePants. It just seems kind of shrill to me now.
I feel similarly. Though I'd gladly take Spongebob over, say, Fairly Odd Parents.

Welcome to the forum btw!

Nameless

Thanks!

And yeah, I forgot FOP there. Butch Hartman's take on the Dexter's Lab/PPG style isn't very appealing, and the show's tone is cynical and nasty enough as to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

gunswordfist

Avaitor

Yeah, I used to be much more positive towards FOP as a kid, but I absolutely can't stand it now.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I was a teen when it was on and I thought it went well with Invader Zim. Now I don't think their quality is close at all.

Skeeter Valentine

Pretty much every Kids WB show from the pre-Yu-Gi-Oh days is full of constant 90s cultural references. Even things like STAS and TNBA are affected by this. You can't let it bother you or you'll miss out on some good entertainment.