Pixar! Their Films, Your Favorites, and More

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 09:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Wasn't Jon Cryer the original lead?

Oh yeah, and since we're here, I guess it's also worth mentioning... this movie has already inspired it's own crappy knockoff.

Silverstar

Quote from: Kiddington on August 12, 2013, 02:00:27 AM
I guess it's also worth mentioning... this movie has already inspired it's own crappy knockoff.

Seriously??

I thought Shark Tale and The Wild were pushing it. That is such an unabashed ripoff that Disney could take legal action against Lionsgate.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Daikun

Quote from: Kiddington on August 12, 2013, 02:00:27 AMOh yeah, and since we're here, I guess it's also worth mentioning... this movie has already inspired it's own crappy knockoff.

What can be worse than a knockoff of Planes?

Why, an actual sequel to Planes, of course!

Avaitor

I'm pretty sure that it was set from the beginning that there would be a sequel or two to Planes, regardless of how well it does.

Not surprising, really. As long as they keep on bringing in dat toy revenue for Disney.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Eddy

Does Disney have plans to make Trains, Boats, or Subways?

Lord Il

Quote from: Eddy on September 04, 2013, 01:13:30 AM
Does Disney have plans to make Trains, Boats, or Subways?
It really makes you wonder, doesn't it? The idea of that happening certainly isn't impossible.

I thought it was pretty funny when I was at the movie theater a few months back and overheard a little girl (maybe around 8 years old) saying that "Cars was just a little kids movie. I think Planes is for older kids."
:il_hahaha:

Daikun

Quote from: Eddy on September 04, 2013, 01:13:30 AMDoes Disney have plans to make Trains, Boats, or Subways?

All they have to do now is make Trains and they'll have completed the whole set.

Nel_Annette

Lord Il

Quote from: Daikun on September 04, 2013, 06:36:06 PM
Quote from: Eddy on September 04, 2013, 01:13:30 AMDoes Disney have plans to make Trains, Boats, or Subways?

All they have to do now is make Trains and they'll have completed the whole set.
heh.. Planes, trains and automobiles. Why not, right?

Angus

I had to sit through Planes. It ain't for older kids.  :el_hail:
"You don't have to eat the entire turd to know that it's not a crab cake." - Bean, Shadow of the Hegemon

Daikun

There won't be a Pixar film in 2014.

Considering how their 3 latest films haven't been up to their usual gold standard (at least in the critics' eyes), it's probably for the best.

Avaitor

Welp.

Told you that Pixar cutting back on sequels was bs.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

I knew it.

So what happened? After Up and WALL*E (you can even include Toy Story 3 if you want) proved they have plenty of original stories to tell-not to mention their shorts, so why do they keep going to the sequel well?

I can understand if you're tapped, but from what I've mustered of their original ideas in the pipeline that's clearly not the case. I was fine with Monsters University but after Finding Dory and this I think I've had it. So what's going on?

We have enough remakes and sequels out there, Pixar was the one studio left putting out movies I consistently wanted to see.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

LumRanmaYasha

Yeah, not great news. Pixar has really fallen, haven't they.  :imnothappy: