It will be Korra's long lost brother.

Who is a water bender.

And who has a tragic past.
And daddy issues.

Dr. Insomniac

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Which characters do you hope will get better treatment in season 3? I hope Asami stops being stupid, Lin is like she was in Season 1, Bolin becomes a detective like Mako (Lin did say there were two positions open and this should have happened a long time ago. It could be great for bolin's character development) and General Iroh gets more more screen time.

The Shadow Gentleman

Pretty much everything you just said, plus Varrik to return. And Korra to not suddenly become stupid. Again.

One thing thing I do want is some more down to earth episodes to let the characters catch a break.

gunswordfist

How'd I forget about Varrick? I doubt they'd make Korra a jackass again. I just hope she retains her personality without having to be one.

Dr. Insomniac

Micki drew something special.

gunswordfist

^Nice. :thumbup:

When I first saw Korra Book 1. I loved it. I actually liked it more than any other Avatar season. I thought it was fast paced in comparison and having no filler really helped. I thought the Avatar staff finally did it and made a series without the problems ATLA had. But then after the first or second rewatch, I started to see all the problems with the same, especially the worst one, Korra has no development. Combined that with the fact that I never liked the Deus Ex Machina ending and you have Korra 1's quality drop down severely for me.

With Book 2, I thought, "OK, there's no way they can get it wrong now. I believe they will get it right this time."...and Korra is still pointlessly hotheaded as ever, had no character development after/in between series and doesn't get any until after the incredible Beginnings episodes. The first half was mostly just frustrating for me. The 2nd half was better...but Bolin, Lin and Asami all acted incompetent and Mako decided to get back with Asami which made both him and her look stupid. Also, Unalaq is the most boring Avatar villain ever and I didn't care for the giant spirit battle. Korra Book 2 is of course my least favorite Avatar season.

So I don't believe they can do a series without glaring issues. I'm coming into season 3 with lower expectations.

Daikun

Book 3 is finally complete and the release date will hopefully be revealed at Comic-Con.

Also, episodes have been leaked early. (They're in Spanish, though.)

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Book 1 was a flawed season but it had its strong points and I still liked it.

Book 2 was REALLY uneven, and while it did have the great stand-alone 2-parter about Wan, the rest of the season just had too many baffling character and plot moments due to weak writing.

Book 3....Well, let's all hope that the third time's the charm.

Spark Of Spirit

I hope the writers are back in shape again. Their work on Book 2 was fairly lackluster compared to any other season and held every other aspect of the show up.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daikun

I hope Book 3 has more Varrick.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daikun on June 09, 2014, 05:27:19 PM
Best part of season 2 that wasn't the Wan two-parter.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 09, 2014, 05:29:09 PM
Quote from: Daikun on June 09, 2014, 05:27:19 PM
Best part of season 2 that wasn't the Wan two-parter.
That and Tenzin having character development. Such a pleasant surprise.

The Shadow Gentleman