Boy/Girl Meets World

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, January 02, 2011, 06:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Episode 4 was decent. It's still a ways off from BMW level quality, but I think it can get there if given the chance. To be honest, though, I can't wait for the reunion episode.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm enjoying it so far. It reminds me a lot of season 1 of BMW, but is still its own thing.

Now I'm eager to see what some BMW characters are up to.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Officially renewed.

Good, this means the show has time to find its legs.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm really glad to see that the show is doing well with its own intended age demographic. While I enjoy it for what it is, admittedly the fact that it's a BMW sequel is the only thing that has really kept me watching it, but it's nice to know that kids themselves actually enjoy it. In that regard, I am confident that with future seasons it will be able to mature along with its target audience just as BMW did.

Avaitor

This week's ep was kind of weird, but not bad. While I'm sick of Big Bang Theory-esq nerd tropes still being use today and the ever-so generic bad guy lawyers, I can't really fault an episode with Cloris Leachman and ties to the old show like this episode had.

Also, the show gets points for calling out cultural appropriation.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

from the point where cory agrees to let her stay over at night, i watched the episode of bmw with the girl that was getting abused by her dad. from there to the end, only one small joke was shared. i can't remember the last time i've seen a teen sitcom about something that serious and completely change its usual tone.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I forgot to comment on it, but I really liked the episode with Maya's mother. To me, it's the best one so far, and really felt similar to a classic BMW episode. I like how she realistically didn't show up at the end, but still conveyed that she clearly cares about her daughter.

Also, there's this fantastic gem:

-"Wait, so your name is Farkle Minkus?"

-"Don't wear it out!"

-"Dude, I don't think you can."

The first joke all season that I actually physically laughed at.

Spark Of Spirit

Tonight Harley appears.

I have to say, I've been enjoying this show. It's just pleasant to watch. I haven't laughed out loud a lot, but I've quite enjoyed every episode I've seen. I do hope it continues to get better.

And that Eric appears. (C'mon, Will!)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I forgot to catch up after an earlier hiatus, but I do like what I've seen. If it's getting better, then I really should catch up.

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I also really need to catch up. The last episode that I saw was Crazy Hat, so I'm about 2 episodes behind, I think. Oh, and episode 14 is confirmed to be the long awaited reunion episode, so I definitely can't wait for that. We're almost there, guys! ;D

Spark Of Spirit

This Friday Alan and Amy appear. Oh yeah, and Shawnzie, too.  :)

Avaitor

I've been behind for a while. I so need to catch up.

Actually, I think my most recent ep was when Minkus was revealed to be Farkle's dad. I also know that the Harley ep aired not too long ago, as well.

New blog!

Avaitor

So it seems like what we wanted the show to become is happening, after all! What do you think the chances are of the other cast member being Angela? I'd like to find out what happened to her and Shawn.

I'm slowly catching up with the show now, and it's still pretty alright. I thought the 1960's episode had some good stuff, although I have to admit that I found it to be a bit contrived that all of the main characters' relatives had ties to each other back then. And I was also a little disappointed that they didn't use the chance to bring Alan and Amy in, but I guess the show's saving them for tonight, huh?

New blog!

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I can't wait for tonight's episode. This will be a real treat.

As for those announcements, I'm really looking forward to the 2nd season. The show by itself isn't anything special, so far, but to be fair, it's very much in tone with how season 1 of BMW was, as well. I'm confident that it'll be able to mature and tell better stories for these characters as they grow over time, just as BMW did. Remember, it wasn't until season 3 when that show finally found its footing.

Spark Of Spirit

Will Friedle is actually going to appear? Awesome!  ;D

As for original cast member, I'm going to go with either Angela or Morgan. None of the other original members would really change as much.

I actually think season 1 has been a good mirror image of BMW season 1, though I think it's been far more consistent than that season. Nothing quite on the level of the episode where Eric gets his driver's license, but nothing disappointing so far, either. I do hope this show somehow goes beyond the 3 season rule, even if it has to "cheat" like Zach & Cody did.